Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Starry Night Over Hogwarts - Wendigo Backpack (XOXO by Lauren Pattern Testing)

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I love pattern testing!  Digging into my stash for fun fabrics, and doing whatever strikes my fancy is a great break from the orders.  I love working with people to create their dream bag, but sometimes I just want to go my own direction and see what happens!
Starry Night over Hogwarts was the inspiration for my fabric choices!
Inside is Death Eaters over Hogwarts fabric, along with the Marauder's map fabric for the exterior
The Wendigo Backpack is a LARGE bag, but very slim.  I left the backpack straps off and just did it with the cross body strap.  The pattern has 4 flap options, so you can find the perfect one to show off a featured fabric or embroidery!  The envelope shape was great for mine since the embroidery was done on a giant scrap of fabric and wasn't a complete rectangle.
Perfect for a laptop or tablet!
For the back, there are 3 slip pockets. I reversed the stitching so that I had 2 small divided pockets and one larger pocket that I could throw papers and folders into.  It also has a carrying handle, great for grab and go!
The blue accent and the bottom glitter actually match better than the picture suggests... Blue is the large pocket, with the map piece below being 2 smaller pockets
Failed again at a good picture of the glitter vinyl, it's so pretty in person!
It also has a vinyl bottom to protect it when you set it down (and give a little bling to since I used gorgeous ocean glitter vinyl).
Inside zipper pocket

Inside is a single zipper pocket, but you could add more.  It is perfect for a laptop, and the foam interfacing helps keep it protected.
The embroidery is done in a 7"x11" hoop, and took 4 hours on my machine!
For the fabrics, I used a custom printed marauder's map from Affordable Fabrics and More, embroidery from String Theory Fabric Art, inside flap material from Sugar Ink Fabric, and a gorgeous woven shot cotton from fabric.com.  Unfortunately most of the custom stuff is not available after they run retail, but there are times you can get lucky and find more!
Check out the cool triangle ring, available from xoxo by Lauren!

I still haven't decided if I will be keeping this one for myself or letting it go.  There were a few goofs since I was trying to finish it late at night, but it is still awesome!
She's a big bag, not for the faint of heart, or small person!  Too big for my 9 year old even though she tried to steal it!
 Edit - I guess I can let it go after all!  It sold, but you can request something similar in my Facebook group! Tiger In a Tornado Creations!

2 comments:

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!