Friday, April 10, 2020

Magical Phoebe Mini Backpack (Sincerly, Jen)

All of the mini backpacks are taking me back to my highschool and college days, when I used a tiny backpack as my purse. I love how each designer came out with their own take on it, from the complex Speedwell, to the traditional Minni Mini.  This one is a great combination of adorable, traditional, and fun!  The Phoebe Mini Backpack by Sincerly, Jen is probably one I will come back to, and not just because it's amazing for showing off some great embroidery!

I made sure to center the Dumbledore over the quote!

Inside of front pocket
I honestly can't remember where I got this embroidery file from, but it was the exact quote my customer wanted, and it went so amazing with the fabric!  There was a panel made with the same quote that matched, but it was much too large for the mini backpack. 
Back, with a zipper pocket
The fabric is a fun Stitch/Harry Potter mashup from MK* Designs.  I found the blue textured looking solid at Joann's, along with the awesome metallic print potions fabric!
It's hard to photograph black lining fabric!
but the fabric is sooo pretty!
The zippers are from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts. I didn't have both zipper pulls and zipper tape in a single color, so we went eclectic on purpose! It kind of reminds me of the Weasley's Burrow, where everything is mis-matched, but somehow creates an amazing home. ;)
Hallows and a snitch, what more could you want?
The best part of this pattern, in my opinion, is that the lining is not finished using binding or a drop in method! It turns through the pockets, which is SO much faster for me to finish!
Tan/gold zipper from my stash matched perfectly!
The top accent strip is a fun feature
There is a zip pocket on the back, as well as one inside the main pocket.
It's a nice and slim bag, but I bet you could shove a LOT in there! I really want to make one for myself someday, it is a great size to carry a good amount of stuff, without it being a 'full sized' backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!