Monday, June 17, 2019

Mane Attraction Speedwell Sling (Blue Calla)

The Speedwell is a fun sling bag, with a unique front design.  After making the first one, I was ready to tackle it again, and fortunately another customer came along that wanted one in these gorgeous Backstitch fabrics!
One of my favorite movies, even though I did watch it daily with my youngest for many months...
This one I also included the grommets for phone chargers/headphone cords.  I was able to use my die set to find a perfect sized hole, and smaller ones to accommodate the screws too!
There's always a few moments of fear when I start punching holes in pieces...
Turned out fine tho!
For this one, I decided to try something new and did the interior as a drop in lining.  After doing so many on my teeny backpacks, I figured it couldn't really be that hard.  Then I remembered that big drop in linings aren't as easy as small ones for some reason (don't ask me why, but the big ones never line up as nice!).  I still ended up hand sewing it for the final step, but it was only around the zipper and not the entire inside seams!

The front and back feature Mane Event, with Rapunzel, Pascal, and her tower.  Inside is bouquet hats with tons of characters, which makes this the PERFECT Disney park bag!  It holds the essentials, is secure and can be worn on the front or back, and isn't so huge that you are dealing with a bulky bag all day.  I make mine with fabric back pieces because the vinyl may be nice for wiping off, but it can make your back sweaty in that spot!
Back.  I'm tempted to try one with a zipper pocket here, but I feel like it would dig into your back.
The side stripes are from a backstitch box, the grey hat box one and it doesn't get enough love in my opinion!  It was a perfect match for the main and the lining fabrics, and I even accidentally lined up the stripes on all 3 pieces for one side!
I bet I can't do that again, at least not without spending at least an hour messing with it!
Only the zipper ones match on this side...mostly...
 I have more of these fun fabrics, but I would love to try a Harry Potter version or even an embroidered one!  If you need your own, feel free to contact me through Etsy or the Facebook group!
Playing with a camera feature, but really an excuse to share one more pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!