Thursday, June 20, 2019

WIP Thursday - Cruising Through the List


I went through my list this week and prioritized/grouped/panicked myself.  Now I have a better handle on what my deadlines are, what projects are still waiting for payment (and therefore at the bottom of the list), what projects are coming up, and how much coffee I will need to consume to stay on track. (no surprise - it's a LOT!)
Chip and Dale fabric is adorable!
As soon as I get at least 2 more things off the list, I'll open up more spots for orders, but for now I'm going to limit it so that I don't get overwhelmed again!  I'm hoping to take a break at the end of July and do some selfish sewing for my birthday, but we'll see if I have things caught up enough to do that or if I will have to hold off until Christmas break!
Shopping my stash...I really need to go through it and catalog everything!
I did enjoy having a small break and being able to work on orders at a slower pace during my break, but I still need a chunk of time where I can focus on organizing and cataloging my stash, maybe even clear out some of the stuff I don't really see myself sewing up ever...

Current Projects and Orders: (not in a specific order exactly...)

  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric
  • The One with the Baby diaper bag in Hobbits
  • Pegasus in Stranger things and waffles
  • Summit Sling bag - Disney themed
  • NCW with Disney tattspiration fabric
  • Minky Disney blanket
  • Honeysuckle Hobo Bag - Tula Pink again, different colors
  • Siren Tote - Chipmunk - 50% finished - since it's a quick one, it got grouped with the previous order from the same person
  • NCW-HP 
  • Hosta Hobo in 80's fabric 
  • NCW-Floral Wars - finishing a halfway done one, have to redo the card slots
  • Everyday Tote - Jasmine/Aladdin
  • NCW - Jasmine/Aladdin
  • Honeysuckle Hobo - Jasmine/Aladdin 
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric~~~~~
  • India Hobo (Wizard of Oz)
  • Floral Wars Lunch Box 
  • Villains floor pillow 
  • Duffvengers floor pillow
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings and a cardigan (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • Sandra Saddle bag - back to dragons, which is why I haven't made it yet  (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out  

Current Small Item Orders:

These are items that don't take long to finish, but since they are also handmade, I squeeze them in between the more complex items to give my brain a little break. ;)
  • Even more teeny backpacks  (0/5)
  • Fairy Lanterns - the new stained glass fabric is perfect for these, already have a few orders!

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Leaf snap tabs
  • More Mulan combs 
  • card holders with the stained glass fabric

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Cotton face scrub pads - still have yarn and a hook in my purse...but haven't been anywhere I needed to kill time lately
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces but getting too warm out to work on blankets!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the head!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C blanket for my son, on the third skein!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - time to cut more and find the pre-cut ones!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Toothless professional pouch (cut out and ran out of time to finish)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me
  • Princess aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!