Wednesday, June 12, 2019

WIP Wednesday - Easing Back Into the Mayhem

While I was on vacation I was having sewing withdrawal!  I did sneak in a few small things, like the teeny backpacks and finally got to start on the next order, but I didn't have a chance to clean my studio or play with fabrics like I had hoped.  Someday I'll have some free time!
New fabric, would look amazing on wallets and purses!
I'm planning on getting my turnaround time back down to a respectable number (what numbers aren't respectable? I always felt like 19 was a little shifty...) so I won't be opening up the orders right away next week.  I really need to finish up some birthday presents too...
Final 2 backpacks of the latest round!
If you aren't in the group yet, I'll be opening up limited ordering spots next week, as long as I get at least 2 more things off the list! 



Current Projects and Orders:

  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric
  • Add zipper to existing finished bag 
  • Pattern test bag -The Allure - already shared!
  • Strike Fabric - LOTR floor pillow
  • The One with the Baby diaper bag in Hobbits - In progress!
  • Pegasus in Stranger things and waffles
  • Summit Sling bag - Disney themed - waiting for awesome rainbow mouse zipper pulls
  • NCW with Disney tattspiration fabric
  • Minky Disney blanket
  • Honeysuckle Hobo Bag - Tula Pink again, different colors
  • Siren Tote - Chipmunk
  • NCW-HP 
  • Hosta in 80's fabric 
  • NCW-Floral Wars - finishing a halfway done one, had to redo the card slots
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric~~~~~
  • India Hobo (Wizard of Oz)
  • Floral Wars Lunch Box 
  • Villains floor pillow 
  • Duffvengers floor pillow
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • Sandra Saddle bag - back to dragons, which is why I haven't made it yet  (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out  

Current Small Item Orders:

These are items that don't take long to finish, but since they are also handmade, I squeeze them in between the more complex items to give my brain a little break. ;)
  • Even more teeny backpacks (7/7), (0/4)
  • Fairy Lanterns - 1/2 finished, need to bug my friend again for which fabrics she wanted, but no rush on the order since it's local

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Inhaler cases - 3/3 
  • Graduation table runner 
  • Cantina Coasters 
  • Leaf snap tabs
  • More Mulan combs

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Cotton face scrub pads - Needed something small and portable to stick in my purse for while I was waiting for awards ceremonies to start.  I have an idea for these and packaging, but not sure yet if I'll do enough to actually sell.
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces but getting too warm out to work on blankets!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the head!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C blanket for my son, on the third skein!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - time to cut more and find the pre-cut ones!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • Toothless professional pouch (cut out and ran out of time to finish)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me
  • Princess aprons

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!