Friday, January 3, 2020

Spider-Man Minni Mini Backpack (Diedelbug)

Mini backpacks are popping up all over, and just about every pattern is adorable!!  This Minni Mini Backpack from Diedelbug is the most 'traditional' shape, and it was perfect for a little boy!
I gave up on trying to decide what was up after a while, some of the images work either way!
The pattern is made for adults, so the straps are pretty long.  I left off the entire bottom piece and made the top piece adjustable, and it fit him perfectly (just turned 4)!  My 10 YO was able to fit in it, barely, but she's pretty tiny.  Since I made the strap adjustment after I had it almost all put together, I had to do some tricky wrangling to get it under the machine!
The straps blend in, but this is the back!
The Spider-verse fabric came from Joann's, they really are stepping up the game on the character prints!
Obviously needed a red zipper!
Inside, the backpack has a zipper pocket and lots of room!
Side shot, no hanging strap ends!
The backpack also has 2 outside pockets, 1 on each side, and a nice front zipper pocket!
Probably the trickiest part of the pattern, attaching the front piece!
I definitely would make this pattern again, it really shows off the fun fabrics and came together pretty fast!  I think it would work for a small travel backpack for adults and kids, but probably too small for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!