Thursday, January 16, 2020

WIP Thursday - Halfway Through January!

I knew this month would fly by, but this is kind of ridiculous!
Purse of Doom is in progress!
I decided to work on some organization after the birthday party last weekend, and it's making me feel SOOO much better about my craft studio! It's not even 50% done, but being able to get to and see the fabric, versus the piles I had to dig through is hopefully going to be a great time saver! Add in all the fun fabrics I'm rediscovering, and it's almost like second Christmas! Now I just have the rest of the studio to finish...soon....
There's even space for more in there! Time to fill it up with the rest of the stash!
At this rate, I'll be done organizing in time to turn it back into a disaster!  Hopefully I can have a few days of gorgeous and organized in between...maybe.
Preview of an upcoming project!

Current Projects and Orders: (in no particular order and color coded for order grouping)

  • Annette in Michael Jackson fabric - Feels so good to cross this one off! And she loves it!
  • Purse of DOOM- finally working on this, had to deconstruct an existing, well loved purse and create my own pattern, which is not my favorite part, so it's been going slow
  • Triple Zip Wonder Women Purse with matching Teeny backpack (January) - Just got in the zipper pulls finally, now can bust this one out too!
  • Geo Charlotte - Need to order rose gold hardware, will be PERFECT for this bag!
  • Geo scrub hat 
  • Geo pillows 
  • Ariel floor pillow 
  • Beauty makeup Bag
  • Moonbeam Doctor Who strike fabric Dragon sling bag
  • Frozen Denver backpack (zipper testing/promoting)
  • Love is Love Fanny Pack  
  • ~~~~~ waiting for preorder fabric, payment, etc~~~~~
  • DBZ and NBC baby blankets
  • Venom Road Trip Wallet 
  • Ariel adult blanket
  •  ~~~~No deadline/stuff for the kids/myself~~~~~
  • Minky Science blanket for my son
  • cuddle fabric blanket for youngest
  • 'normal' hoodie for youngest daughter, leggings and a cardigan (going to make her cut out the pattern and pieces, but I'll probably run the serger...good sewing lesson tho!)
  • Sew Along Factotum-partially sewn
  • Sandra Saddle bag - Now changed to an ITA bag, possibly...
  • R2 Blanket 
  • Dragon Sling mini backpack (pattern released but I really want to make one!)

Craft Show Projects: (Might move some of these to my planned projects and maybe start earlier next year on prep work!)

  • Lanterns (40)
  • Hooded Towels (goal: 30)
  • Embroidered hand towels (15)
  • Crayon Rolls (40)
  • Posh books (10)
  • Bows
  • Crochet button up scarves
  • Slouchy hats
  • Sew up the princess apron panels
  • fabric panel clocks (2)
  • Holiday geeky Stockings (10)

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Baby Yoda - only needs his clothes!
  • Cotton face scrub pads - I will try to get back to these, still have all the supplies!
  • baby blanket with Boho style Racoon- 90% done with applique pieces -  need to finally put this together, maybe I'll just put it in a frame!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe! - This got stashed somewhere, so I need to remember where the 'safe place' is.
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, need to dig this back out.
  •  C2C blanket for my son, already the right width, now to get it long enough for a child that I expect will be taller than me! - After the orders are all caught up, I can hopefully finish it this winter!  Perfect to work on while I catch up on tv shows and movies

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - 36 left to sew!
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn! - Need to figure out where it got stashed
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)
  • strap for Brandt's Boulevard 
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Downsized Denver backpack - mostly cut out, just need to figure out the straps, but may go with connectors for now to try it out
  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • CL hats - have maybe 3 or 4 cut, sewing them together should be pretty fast

Want to make - list:

  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls   
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Ruched Shirt
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!