Monday, January 6, 2020

2020 Crafting and Sewing Resolutions

January means it's time to make my resolutions and big plans for the year ahead! I think I'll start fresh this year and not revisit last year's list...mainly because I didn't finish much on it! I've read that the best way to meet your goals is to list detailed steps on HOW you will meet them, so here goes!
First totally successful sticker from my scan n cut!


Goals:

  • Organize the craft studio
    • catalog the hardware
    • get snaps organized into containers instead of the baggies they came in
    • redo the organization of the cutting table cubicles, clear out unused stuff that got shoved there...
    • contain the receipts and paperwork in a single file folder
    • go through and destash any 'clothing' fabric - double brushed poly, random knit style fabrics, coordinates that wouldn't really be great for purses
    • buy/build/organize industrial shelves - clear out some of my cubicles for space
    • go through the tubs that haven't seen the light of day since we moved in over 2 years ago
    •  uncover and organize my sewing cart
  •  UFO pile
    • Find scattered UFO's (as I clean)
    • pick 2 a month to finish (at least)
    • reward myself with a brand new project for fun after both UFO's are done
    • cut out and finish embroidery items (tub of extras) - at least 4 a month
  • Scrapbooking
    • Go through supplies after they are uncovered (behind a few tubs)
    • reorganize and condense - sell/donate extras
    • gather all the scrapbookable mementos for the kids in a safe place
  • Crochet
    • find and condense yarn stash - wind up partially used skeins
    • donate/sell unloved colors/textures
    • Put together at least one UFO a month
  •  New skills
    • Learn to use my scan and cut - try making iron ons for shirts, vinyl decals
  • Etsy
    • add more listings of ready to sell items
      • bows
      • finger puppets
      • keychains
      • crochet

UFO List:

  • January:
    • 2 clematis (cheating a little because I finished these on my vacation last week!)
    • Darryl's Drive - fix connector
    • cross body strap for wallet
    • Finish Baby Kevin crochet (not technically a UFO, but I have a bad habit of nearly finishing a crochet project and then getting distracted)
  • February:
    • Finish Bella II
    •  mermaid morning glory pouch
  • March:
    • Crayon rolls
  • April:
  • May:
  • June:
  • July:
  • August:
  • September:
  • October:
  • November:
  • December:

 Now I just need to remember to check in and see how far I get each month!


2 comments:

  1. You're so organized - I'm impressed! Great list of projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, my list is organized, now the hard part is to transfer that to the actual craft studio!

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!