Tuesday, June 9, 2020

King of Pop Annette (Swoon)

This purse has been on the list probably the longest, so it's a good thing my sister-in-law is patient!  It was a gift I promised her several birthdays ago, and just never found the perfect fabric.  Then when I finally did, I was so swamped with orders that it got pushed down on the priorities. Good news, it was worth the wait! (at least I hope so!)
So many different costumes and poses!
The Annette by Swoon (aff link) is one of my top ordered purses, probably because it has a lot of style, is a perfect larger handbag size, and really shows off my custom fabrics!
Other side
I modify it to include an interior slip pocket, just for a little extra organization.  And make the strap into cross-body style, instead of just a shoulder strap.
I usually don't zoom out this far, but it gives a better feeling for the size
We decided that it needed the bling, so the vinyl is glittery red and the zipper pull is a star from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts
Star!
I found the blue grunge in my stash, perfect lining and cross body strap color!
Inside with a slip pocket, made it 'fancy' ish.
I tried a different style of inside slip pocket, this one pops out at the top but is flat at the bottom.  I've used it on a few different patterns, and it's just a little nicer than a boring slip pocket.  I need to remember to use it more often, but when I'm sewing late at night, I'm lucky if I remember to change my bobbin thread color to match, let alone go fancier on linings ;)

All zipped up
Zipper pocket inside
One of the nicest features of this purse is the 2 end pockets.  They are sleek but roomy, and don't distract from the stylish shape of the purse.  This is the first time I've done them as fabric to match, mainly because I didn't realize I was low on the red glittery vinyl until after I started cutting!  I didn't want to wait for an order to arrive (even though My Punkbroidery is super fast!) so we discussed and I went with the fabric pockets.  I think it worked out great and gave even more showcase area for the fun fabric!
Bottom in glittery red vinyl, gives a little extra protection
The cross body strap is detachable, which is nice if you know you will just be carrying the purse in your hand and don't want the strap dragging and possibly getting caught or tripping you up!

Unfortunately,  I have no idea where this fabric originally came from, I found it on a buy/sell/trade group and was only able to snag a little!  I did have enough extra to send and get her a fun matching waterbottle, but it didn't arrive until after she already had the purse so I don't have any fun shots of them together!
One last pic...
I actually have several more purses in this style on my list, so I'd better get back to sewing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!