Monday, June 22, 2020

Winged Things Atlas Rucksack (Swoon) - MoonBeam Textiles

This month's fabric preorder from Moon Beam Textiles is a gorgeous, non inspired style!  The colors are soothing, and the print is super fun!  I really wanted to show off the awesome stripes and toss, so I went with a pattern I'd never tried before, the Atlas Rucksack from Swoon (affiliated link).
This bag is not very photogenic, but so pretty in person!

I used the quilting cotton and it ended up as a soft and slouchy bag, perfect for shoving full of all your supplies for a quick trip to the beach or a day hike in the forest! I threw a 2 yard piece of fluffy double minky fabric I use as a blanket in, and it barely filled the bottom section. I had to fluff it up to try to give the bag some shape.
I could probably fit a small dog in there as well, but I didn't try, mainly because he's a chunker and also dog hair...
It's like looking into a deep pit...
Tried to lay it out to show that this is actually a HUGE bag!

I even had a fun dragonfly zipper pull and rose gold hardware from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts that went PERFECTLY!

I tried to go fancy on the backpack straps because I didn't think all the hanging straps was the best idea...but unfortunately I didn't think it all the way through and it ended up with the sliders perfectly on top of my shoulders and digging in.  Minor surgery later, and I went back to the original style for the back straps!  I might try change the front straps to this style, maybe next time...
Original 'fancy' style. Fail.
Fixed straps! much more comfortable!
I haven't used a closure like this since the belt I wore in elementary school...
This is the first time I'd ever done a base in this style, the triangle is a fun accent!
I love all the fun creatures on this fabric, the Winged Things are amazing! I used the Wild Strip #1 as my coordinate and love it! I could see a purse just in the stripe, it's a fun pattern and such soothing colors!
Tried a hanging shot... eh....
I think the accidental bat placement was perfect!
The preorder closes June 30th, so don't forget to order your awesome fabric! There's a stunning water version that might end up in my stash because I NEED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!