Friday, August 13, 2021

Grey Mouse Hats Mini Pegasus (XOXO by Lauren)

While I'm a 'carry everything I'll ever need' person, sometimes I get requests to make my small purses even smaller! I can't imagine getting away with such a small bag, but they do end up looking super cute!

Bright colors and a dark background make the hats pop!

Other side, with pocket

The Pegasus Cross Body Bag by XOXO by Lauren is a fast bag, especially if you leave off the accents on the outside! Lots of my custom fabrics are so interesting and detailed that doing the outside in one piece looks great! This bag uses a limited run Backstitch hats fabric, it was only available in their box sets, and I would LOVE more of this grey background color!

Closer view of the fabric
I made several modifications to this purse.  The request was for a 'little' cross body bag, so I shrunk it down, and added on an outside slip pocket.

It has Pocketsssss!
I also tried out my new unicorn mane string from Wizardry, Stitchery, and crafts.  The rainbow thread was so perfect, but using it in both the top and bobbin was a little hard for my machine (it is the thicker tex 45 version), mainly getting the tension just right.  I played with it for a while and got it to work, but it's much easier to use the one made for domestic machines. This one is nice and thick for topstitching, so I'll try to use it when I can!
Look at that pretty stitching!
I also used the awesome night mare zipper tape and castle pulls from Wizardry, plus the buckle D rings and the secure connectors! 
Closes up nice and slim

Another added feature was a 'key keeper' leash to the inside. They are so easy to add in, but most of the time I just don't think about it unless a customer requests it!

Is that a tongue sticking out at me? 
The Pegasus also has an inside zipper pocket.  I went with a red grunge fabric that matched perfectly, something from my stash, so I'm not even sure where I got it!
Inside zipper pocket
If I ever manage to get totally caught up on orders, I might try making a few extra of this style bag to add to Etsy!  Of course, that's not very likely to happen at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!