Monday, July 25, 2022

Geo Minifacto (ChrisW Designs)

Not everything I make is character inspired, sometimes I get requests for pretty fabrics! I fell in love with the Geos from Blended Thread Fabrics, and on this Minifacto from ChrisW designs, they look AMAZING!

Space, in purse form.

It even stands up, thanks to the flat bottom!
I won't say how hard I had to argue with myself to cut into this for a customer since I sort of bought it for myself...but I have so much gorgeous fabric that I can't hoard it ALL! It perfectly matches this pretty 'space' vinyl, a stunning teal with specks of gold, blue and green!

Glitter vinyl is pretty much impossible to get a good picture of, the camera can't pick up all the shine!

But the half moon snap from Emmaline Bags looks very nice here at least.
Obviously I had to use the Night Mare zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, the colors are PERFECT!

Back side, more of the pretty fabric!
The Minifacto has tons of fun pockets, plus some great features!  There is a phone slip pocket in the top seam, a back zipper pocket, and a pocket under the front flap!

Phone slip pocket

It's eating my hand!
Back 'hidden' pocket

"Hidden" pocket opened up

Under the flap pocket, nice and roomy!

And even more pockets inside!
Zipper pocket
Slip pockets, camera decided to change the colors on me...
This is a pattern with a LOT of pieces, but they come together nicely and the finished bag is kind of amazing. The pattern really walks you through each step, so it may look intimidating, but it's not THAT bad to sew up. I used a plain purple Kona cotton fabric for the accents and lining, which is nice when your main fabric is so pretty and busy!

Ok, back to the right color, but it doesn't really show the pockets as well...

This order actually had TWO Minifactos and an H2O to Go Sling, so watch for them soon!

A pretty big order, but so much pretty stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!