Monday, July 11, 2022

Princess Bride Sadie Expandable Bag (Swoon)

Every so often I get to sneak in a fun sew for myself, like this Sadie purse from Swoon using fabric from my all time favorite movie! I grew up watching Princess Bride whenever I could, and I can probably quote the entire move (ok, not 'probably', I CAN.)

Wesley/Dread Pirate Roberts is front and center!

Buttercup centered on the back!

Such a pretty profile
The amazing fabric came from Knitorious, a gorgeous toile style print, and the coordinate is just as pretty, with quotes and images from the movie! I used the coordinate for the back pocket lining, and even a peek of it in the fun bottom detail!
Bottom detail, script quotes from the movie

Back pocket, with magnet to hold it closed!

The Sadie is a nice traditional purse style, with a fun feature! The bottom has a zipper, fully functional, that can be used to give a little extra room, or closed to make it a sleek purse. 

All closed up
I used tooled vinyl from My Punkbroidery, it went with the 'fancy' feel of the fabric and gave it a little richer look as well! It sews great and wasn't hard to use at all!
The texture on the vinyl is awesome

It shows up a little better in this picture, maybe?
The best part, in my opinion, is the fun zippers I was able to use! The Nightmare zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts gives a subtle rainbow accent, plus every Princess Bride purse NEEDS both a pirate ship (Revenge) and poison! (Iocane. I'd bet my life on it.) I know the pirate ship came from Level Up hardware, not sure where I got the poison zipper pull from though. 

"He is a sailor on the pirate ship 'Revenge'" 

All closed up!

The battle of wits has begun!
Inside the purse is a slip pocket that I divided in 2 for more organization, and I added in a zipper pocket because I always need a zipper pocket inside a purse! I found a fun grunge fabric in my stash that had just a hint of gold in the grey, giving it the same antique feeling as the outside of the purse.

Large zipper pocket

Two pockets, no waiting!

Nice and roomy!
I've been using this purse for over a year now, and it's still going strong! It's not as flashy as my others have been, but I still get compliments! I think the next time I make it, I might add in a phone pocket under the flap, or a hidden pocket there, it's a perfect seam for adding in something!
Under the flap, had to get Humperdink and the Count on there!

As you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!