Thursday, October 13, 2022

Plaid H2O to Go (Lind's Handmade Designs)

No matter what fabric I use, the H2O To Go From Lind's Handmade Designs looks great! Compared to some of the bags and purses I've made, this plaid is pretty subdued. The colors are even prettier in person, and all my favorites! I saw the fabric advertised online and then went on a hunt to find a shop selling it. I did eventually find a quilt shop that was carrying it (and not sold out), so I grabbed a yard! I really should have bought more, but that's my 'go-to' amount for fabrics that have no purpose...

Standing shot for a different angle
The best part is that somehow I had a zipper in my stash that perfectly matched! The rainbow hardware from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts coordinated perfectly; I love how lightweight the buckle D-rings are, and how they won't twist around!

Apparently asking my camera to focus on the hardware is too much to ask...


But it CAN focus on the zipper!
The H2O calls for waterproof (resistant works too!) canvas, so I stocked up on a bunch of different colors to match just about every fabric I have on hand... who me, buy extra supplies? NEVER. ;) 
It's actually a nice dark purple, matches great!
I impressed myself getting the stripes to line up! It wasn't hard with a small project, but I'll take the little victories!
This was another one made with only the slip pockets. The card slots aren't that much harder to do, they just add on some extra time. I rarely use card slots in bags (never feel like they are secure) so most of the time I leave them off unless I get a specific request for them to be included.
The light purple was a nice contrast from the pretty plaid

2 slip pockets, and a pen slot!
I think the Jedi symbol zipper was from Zor-elle fabrics, and it's a great example of how I can add in subtle nods to fandoms with ANY purse!
Rainbow hardware is totally fun!

Is this too close?
I can't wait to have some free time to make MORE of these!
Flat shot, it squished down nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!