Thursday, May 4, 2023

R2 Sneaky Satchel (ChrisW Designs)

 I admit, R2-D2 is one of my favorite characters from Star Wars.  When I had the request to make this fun bag, I had to talk myself into cutting into the super cute Floral Wars fabric from Knitorious and not hoard it for myself!

The print is very detailed and perfect sized for this little flap!

And another style of R2 for the inside of the flap, with his buddy!
Fortunately, the Sneaky Satchel from ChrisW Designs doesn't use THAT much fabric, so I have plenty left to make more fun things! This pattern is being re-released as a FREE YouTube video, now available on the new website! (You can check out the other great patterns here!)

Bad guys on the back...
This bag converts to a waist style pack, or you can use the back slip through to hang your scarf or lightweight jacket! The gap between the back of the purse and the pocket panel is pretty large, but it normally is tight together so you don't realize it.

Tried to get a view of how that piece is only connected on the top and bottom of the bag

I think this is the view from the other side
It has a back zipper pocket, but no pockets inside. It's such a little bag that there's really no room for extra pockets! 
Back of the Satchel

Surprisingly roomy zipper pocket

I really love the Uncorked fabric, and I'm so sad that I'm running out of all my favorite colors!
The gold on the fabric is metallic ink, so it has a shimmer!
The rainbow hardware and zipper from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts coordinated nicely with the rainbow zipper pull (From one of my many hardware suppliers...but I can't remember which one!)

That's some gorgeous hardware

I think even a droid would love it

The details on the zipper pull show up nicely with the matte rainbow finish

The lining fabric is one that I bought an entire bolt of when it was mask making time, and now I have a BUNCH leftover...but it's super cute! The chibi style Leia and Chewie are adorable.

I need a tiny iron for that inside, which I do not have...but the wrinkles will even out with use, or be hidden by the stuff inside

I have so much awesome Star Wars fabric that is just waiting for a fun project or order! I might need to start squeezing more in between orders!

It was very hard to let this one go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!