Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Floral Wars Snap N Go Wallet - Pattern Testing ChrisW Designs

The newest Snap N Go wallet from ChrisW designs is so adorable! It's a perfect small one, with lots of features and I've already gotten requests from my kids to make them new ones in this style...which is pretty high praise in this house!
Ikea hand...for scale?
I decided to try a different vinyl for this one, the Floral Wars from Knitorious was so easy to work with and turned out super cute! I found a pink glitter canvas in my stash, probably from My Punkbroidery. You don't want things too thick, or it makes the wallet kind of bulky. The canvas is thin and still sturdy enough that it doesn't tear easily.
The line of characters worked out perfectly!
Opened up
I didn't feel like dragging out my scan n cut, so I cut the pieces by hand. Someday I'll clear a space for it and actually try using it! I bet that would make the wallet super fast. This time I did glue all the pieces that I was supposed to, and it really didn't add THAT much extra time to the prep. I was able to make mine after work one night! 
Cutting by hand let me easily fussy cut the pieces
The Snap N Go has 3 card slots, an ID pocket in the flap, a back paper money space, a coin pocket (pretty flat), and some note pockets. You could also leave off the coin pocket for another set of card slots!
Coin pocket opened up
Card slots
I was even able to dig into my snap stash and find some fun ones to match! I used plastic snaps on mine since I figure if they are strong enough to hold diapers on babies and go through the wash, they should be good enough for wallets!
I think this snap came from Zor-elle? I've lost track...
Make sure to grab your copy of the fun new Snap N Go wallet pattern and share your finished wallet in the ChrisW designs FaceBook group! Or if you don't have an extensive Vinyl stash to make your own, contact me for a custom order!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!