Thursday, September 28, 2023

Villains Annette (take 2) and Pick A Pocket Wallet (take 2)

Sometimes I get requests to copy a previously sold item, and I honestly don't mind, especially when they are using an awesome fabric! The Annette from Swoon is one of my most popular handbag styles, and I can see why! When you pair it with a Pick a Pocket Wallet (ChrisW Designs), it's a perfect set!

A spooky and fun set!

For being all 'evil' the colors are so bright and happy...

For this purse, I used the fluidity black vinyl from My Punkbroidery and the Sketchy Villains fabric from Backstitch.  The panel is one of my favorites, with a great villain and gorgeous colors.

Every good villain needs a sidekick.
The coordinate fabric has so many good images, it was hard to pick which one to feature! Since I was using the poison apple zipper pull, the Evil Queen was the winner.

Maybe from More Me Know? I need to keep better track of these things
I love using rainbow metal zipper ends, it just looks more professional!
I decided to try a 'fancy' pocket inside, instead of the boring slip pocket and it does give it a nice look! 
It pops forward a little

Other side has a zipper pocket
The best part about making both a wallet and purse at the same time is seeing how they work together. The Pick a Pocket is a large but slim wallet, so it fits inside perfectly!
At the very bottom, which seems to be where my wallet always ends up.
When I made this set, there was no vinyl available in this print, so I tried using Odicoat to make the outside of the wallet a little more durable/water resistant. It gave it an interesting texture, but it seemed to work fine. I did the coating on the outside piece after I sewed it up, and was just VERY careful. I thought about doing it first, but I wasn't sure how my machine would sew it up. I had to let the layers dry thoroughly, but I live in such a dry climate that it wasn't a long process.

I think this was just starting
A few layers in..

All done! It has a slight shine to it, and some texture, but not super rough

I love the Fairy Frost fabric for accents and lining, it has a perfect amount of shimmer and doesn't drop pieces of glitter.

Trust me, there are a BUNCH of card slots there, they just blend in perfectly

The Gus zipper pull from Level Up (I think??) on the Night Mare zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts looked amazing!

He's so cute in there!

With small things, it's fun to find any place I can feature a character, like on the snap tab!

Does this wallet make me look insane?

Can't really see it, but there is a Siamese cat on the other side of the tab, with a skull and crossbones snap!
I'm really glad I was able to snag a little more of this fabric, I might need to finally make something for myself with it! 
One last smug look from Gaston

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!