Wednesday, June 22, 2016

WIP Wednesday - I'm Caught Up?

I must be forgetting something, I'm never caught up!  It feels like I should have something I need to be making...I do need to mail some stuff out, but it is all finished!

Mario dress and pillowcase? - check.
I'll see if my model is willing to do a photoshoot.  But I'm not holding my breath...maybe the birthday girl will send me a pic


Headband for the new Finding Dory movie that I still haven't gotten a chance to see? - check.  Put them up on etsy? - not check.

Finally a use for my fancy swirl vinyl!

Last Vader purse? - check, delivered last Friday
This one has a matching front pocket...and only late night pictures since I rushed out to deliver it and spaced on taking them.

Start another project not on my list? Sure, why not!

Cats with shimmery gold flowers are as close as we can get to cats in this house, due to allergies.
I started a random stash sewing challenge in the ChrisW Designs Facebook group, and my fabric this time is CATS!  I lost track and ended somewhere in a fat quarter stack of the fabric, so I'm going to throw in an extra one or 2 if I can...and I think I have the patterns picked out, if my math is right since I'm using fabric that is only 18"x22" instead of yardage.  Fat Quarter stacks are awesome if you want a sampling of all the fabrics in a line, but unless you are quilting, a little harder to use up...

WIP: (Stuff sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

Sewing: 

Random stash challenge - one kiss clutch, possibly an Abby's Alley if I can figure out how to make fat quarters work!

Brandt's Boulevard in sugar skulls, another one in "Girly" fabric for a later date

Start cutting and sewing the dress and pillowcase for my niece's birthday...I'd really like to get this one in the mail this weekend! Instead another cold decided to attack me and suck my energy, so maybe this will be the weekend!  Finally done!

Star Wars Tote Purse -DONE!  And got an order for another one, so I can't mark it off my list yet... second one finished too!

Crayon rolls - keep sewing my cut ones, I have so much awesome fabric for these!

March BOM - Pirate BunnyBeard just needs his strap! - This should really jump the line!

Embroidered pillow covers - need to cut a back piece after I figure out if I'm doing a zipper or envelope closure...I'm thinking of using my invisible zippers and doing another one from the same set of patterns...so far the fish is in the lead for what will be stitched next.  Still procrastinating because I don't want to have to lint roll the entire sewing area after I cut my next piece.  Not even exaggerating.

Sedimental Quilt- all quilted, just needs squared up and binding - 2 sides are cut, need to do 2 more, when I have my cutting area cleaned off - I've been using it on the couch in the meantime because it's the perfect spring weight! Moving this up to the current list to get it finished so I can wash it!

May Bag of the Month- Swoon Brooklyn - I think I'm going with a Doctor Who random toss fabric that glows in the dark and blue glitter vinyl.

Crochet:


Sea turtle lovey - putting him together and stuffing!  Then just need the blanket!

Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail. Giant head is kind of freaking me out, so I need to finish her!  - June goal is to finish her up!

Embroidery:  

Keep cutting out my backlog of bows and keychain.  I didn't cut out everything in my stash, so I need to keep working on them!
Stitch out more couch pillows (and finish them) - I'd like to get the pillow forms out of my craft area and onto the couches!
More patches!

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

Boronia Bowler - I really love the shape and wide open top featured on this purse, it would look amazing in just about any of my fabrics!!
Lotus Purse
Finish the Owl Epiphany purse
Crayon Rolls - These never end
Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
Tulip pouches (from this free pattern!!)
January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric
Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!


UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!)

Cowls - just need buttons and ends woven in.  Giving up on the one a month plan until it gets closer to craft season.
Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
Dragon Lovey - I have pieces and the blanket done
Serendipity Hip in MLP fabric with vinyl bottom

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I know what it feels like to be caught up...I'm busier now that I'm retired than I was when I was working! The amount of stuff you do is AMAZING! You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I probably only think I'm caught up and I'm missing a whole stack of stuff I promised to do... but I should also keep cleaning up my craft area, I keep finding more half finished projects every time I move something!

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!