Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Trial and Error....Lots of Error

Last week Urban Threads released these awesome crafty badges so of course I NEEDED them.  But I only got one size, so I'm trying to justify buying the other size by actually stitching them all out!  I've done 9 out of 14 and the sale ends Friday, so I am on track to have them all done!  It's probably the fastest I've ever used a design set!

all my 'mistakes'  some have more than one per patch...

Unfortunately, I'm not great at patches, but after doing 9, I think I've figured out what not to do.  Don't leave the fabric too large, or you get strands poking through the edges.  Don't cut it too small, or you have edges that aren't caught.  Don't use tear away interfacing (unless you have sharpies the same color as your edge thread.)  Use 2 layers of mid weight wash away interfacing and just rub the edges with a wet paper towel to dissolve it.  Don't run it under water unless you like crunchy patches.  (it is more crispy than crunchy, actually)  Don't give up hope when the first 9 you make aren't good enough to sell.  (I could throw them at people...or randomly gift them...)

When I wasn't working on patches I was trying to finally finish the Brandt's Boulevard wallet that I wanted to be finished by June 1...but there was "No rush" (p.s. don't tell me that, unless you have no need for it in the next 6 months, and even then you should start reminding me a few months before you need it)  Anyway...I did get it done!  Now I should probably make the one for her little sister that is having a birthday in November (?maybe or October?)
Sugar Skulls kind of creep me out - something I discovered after I stared at them for a few hours.

Once I finish up my last 3 'must do' on my list, I can finally get back to my bag of the month club patterns!  I have 1 to finish and another one to start so I can enter them in the contest!  Hopefully the May bag is fast! Oh, and there's the entire rest of my list...
And then I run across some awesome fabric that is begging to jump the line!

WIP: (Stuff sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

Sewing: 


Brandt's Boulevard in skulls (x2 - different fabrics, another one in "Girly" fabric for a later date) - One done!

Start cutting and sewing the dress and pillowcase for my niece's birthday...I'd really like to get this one in the mail this weekend! Instead another cold decided to attack me and suck my energy, so maybe this will be the weekend!

Star Wars Tote Purse -DONE!  And got an order for another one, so I can't mark it off my list yet...

Crayon rolls - keep sewing my cut ones, I have so much awesome fabric for these!

March BOM - Pirate BunnyBeard just needs his strap!

Embroidered pillow covers - need to cut a back piece after I figure out if I'm doing a zipper or envelope closure...I'm thinking of using my invisible zippers and doing another one from the same set of patterns...so far the fish is in the lead for what will be stitched next.  Still procrastinating because I don't want to have to lint roll the entire sewing area after I cut my next piece.  Not even exaggerating.


Crochet:

Sea turtle lovey has his head and legs done, started on the bottom of his shell.  Trying to convince myself to finish him and not jump to the regular stuffed sea turtle since there is a crochet along running for the stuffy only...

Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail. Giant head is kind of freaking me out, so I need to finish her!  - June goal is to finish her up!

Embroidery:  

Keep cutting out my backlog of bows and keychain.  I didn't cut out everything in my stash, so I need to keep working on them!
Stitch out more couch pillows (and finish them) - I'd like to get the pillow forms out of my craft area and onto the couches!

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

Boronia Bowler - I really love the shape and wide open top featured on this purse, it would look amazing in just about any of my fabrics!!
Lotus Purse
Finish the Owl Epiphany purse
Crayon Rolls - These never end
Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
Tulip pouches (from this free pattern!!)
January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric
Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!
May Bag of the Month - I think I'm going with a Doctor Who random toss fabric that glows in the dark.  Because I can.

UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!)

Sedimental Quilt- all quilted, just needs squared up and binding - 2 sides are cut, need to do 2 more, when I have my cutting area cleaned off - I've been using it on the couch in the meantime because it's the perfect spring weight!
Cowls - just need buttons and ends woven in.  Giving up on the one a month plan until it gets closer to craft season.
Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
Dragon Lovey - I have pieces and the blanket done
Serendipity Hip in MLP fabric with vinyl bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!