Monday, July 13, 2020

Dragon Beauty Makeup Bag (Sewn Ideas)

I can't say that I've made many (or any) makeup bags before, but this one turned out totally cute!  I might need to make one for myself, it would work great to organize my crochet notions!
Do you feel like you are being watched?
The fabric came from Moon Beam Textiles, part of a dragon round, and I feel like it's a grown up version of the latest How To Train Your Dragon movie.  If we ask loud enough, maybe it will get added to the always open preorder! The green accent is Fairy Frost from Michael Miller, one I picked up and then thought, "Wow, this is super bright, will I ever use it?" and yes, I DID use it!
The handle on the removable pouch also works as a carry handle for the entire thing
I swear, the green binding totally matches the eyes...

The Beauty Makeup Bag by Sewn Ideas is a cute little bag with lots of features! One side has a divided pocket for brushes, and since it's intended for makeup, there is clear vinyl on both sides of the top part, for easy cleanup!

You can sort of see the shine of the clear vinyl on the flap...
all closed up, accidental strip matching, almost!
Since I don't really have any pretty makeup brushes, I grabbed the next best thing...crochet hooks!  It fits my super fancy Furls streamline hooks with plenty of room!
Peeking out between the pocket and flap
My fancy hooks...they definitely need a special carrying case!
The other side has a clear vinyl pocket, also with vinyl backing, not sure how easy it would be to wipe out, but it can be done!
There really is clear vinyl there...
It would be perfect for small notions, just a suggestion...
I swear they are inside the pocket, it's not a trick! LOL

The middle section can have vinyl inside, but that seemed like overkill...if it gets really dirty, it could be hand washed...and it's removable with a wrist strap so you can even take just that little pouch!
pouch opened up
running away!
The pouch is attached by velcro, so easy to take it out and replace, but still pretty secure!
Why yes, I did freehand those triangles...they almost are kind of even...
One of the best things about a custom item is that I can personalize it any way you want!  This one we added in some fun Supernatural Zipper pulls from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts! I'm hoping for them to come back in stock, they are so unique and awesome!  I'm starting to run low!
Really pops against the neon green! (yes, it looks more yellow here...hard to get a good color shot!)

There is a sew along in the Backstitch back room coming up for this pattern and I'm really tempted to try to squeeze in another one of these for me!
Maybe a slightly better color shot?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!