Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Pretty Mermaid Triple Zip (Sew Da Kine)

This purse was entirely for fun! I got the project pack #2 from Wizardry, Stitchery and Crafts and the only requirement was 'make something to go with the theme' so I got to run wild! The Triple Zip Crossbody from Sew Da Kine is so perfect for showing off the amazing zippers, and so fast to make!
Makes me wish I had a pool to use for a photo shoot!
A mermaid would also be a nice photo prop...
The mermaid and unicorn zipper pulls are gorgeous, and I already have plans for another triple zip with the unicorns (perhaps something with a dark mark/death eater fabric? Yes, I can be a little twisted sometimes :p ) but first I need to get more caught up on orders.
I love the variations in the rainbow!

The outside fabric is a pastel and amazing Ariel licensed fabric I found at Joann's and immediately needed to stock up on! I still have more available, and now that I have these fun zippers, I should make something else!
pretty details in her tail!
I found a few different scales in my stash, but this one was a nice contrast and the metallic gold print adds a little extra glimmer! There are 2 slip pockets inside for a little more organization!

The white waterfall vinyl is a sturdy but super soft one, easy to sew but seems like it won't tear easy. It has holographic/iridescent printing that really catches the light!

Trying to catch the design in the light, not very easy!
The project pack also came with 2 different zipper tapes, an awesome iridescent white and this gorgeous pastel.
Lots of mermaid tails in this shot...

I will be stocking up on this pastel zipper tape soon!
I used the fun rainbow hardware, also from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts - the Bag-muda triangle connectors are some of my favorite style, and the new "It's the claw" lobster swivel clips seem really secure!
Technically they came from project pack #1, but they are now available!
I love how the connectors won't twist around!
You obviously need matching rainbow sliders to adjust the strap!
I can't wait for the preorder for the amazing zipper pulls and tape, and you can preorder the vinyl NOW, but just for one more day so don't hesitate to grab it! and even better, it comes in some amazing colors, so I'm definitely going to be stocking up on these.... there will be some available for retail later, but I don't want to risk missing out on the gorgeous colors!
My camera would only focus on one zipper at a time...
The vinyl really is super pretty, I kept trying to get a good shot...
The purse is currently looking for a good home! It will be available at the Tiger In a Tornado Creations FaceBook group, or Etsy (if it isn't snatched up!) if you want to grab it for yourself! Or let me know if you need something else made with this awesome fabric and fun zippers!
One final pic because this bag is really sooo pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!