Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Wonder Women Triple Zip (Sew Da Kine)

Sometimes you have a gorgeous fabric in your stash that begs for an amazing project, but until the right customer comes along, you just collect it and stare at it!
My camera couldn't decide what to focus on for these pics, but the fabric is actually a crisp print!
Back, with vinyl on the bottom section

The Triple Zip from Sew Da Kine is becoming one of my popular patterns. It is a cute size, but still roomy, and the zipper pockets are great for organizing! It was originally designed for cork or vinyl, so there are some modifications needed to make it work for fabric, but I love mixing and matching vinyl and fabric to get a fun effect!
Inside the pockets are lots of space...printed fabric. ;)

The vinyl is Cracked Blue Ribbon from My Punkbroidery.  It has a rougher texture, but the colors matched perfectly and it isn't that rough to the touch, more like interesting to touch.
It's not a glitter, but it does catch the light!
The bag is slim, but expands if you shove enough inside...
The fabric for this purse was an exclusive one offered by Backstitch to celebrate the Wonder-ful women in our lives.  To win, you had to nominate a woman that inspired you, and I nominated a friend that helped me to see that my work was worth more than I realized, and that I needed to stop doubting my skill.  She really helped me gain the confidence that I needed to branch out more in my sewing business!
With Teeny Backpack!
The zippers are gold stars from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, a perfect accent to this purse!
I don't usually work with gold, but this was perfect!
I swear the zipper is gold and a perfect match...
The lining and strap are a starry galaxy print from Joann's, and a great coordinate! I avoid using boring solid color lining unless it is requested, just because I want to make the inside of the purse as fun as the outside!
sorry for the flash on pic, but it was just too dark otherwise! actually pretty close to the true colors.
Part of the order was for a matching Teeny Back Pack, which is such a fun accessory!
It can even clip onto the purse!
Every cut of this fabric is good!
Back features ribbon straps and the clip

When I was trying to get pics, my supervisor was patiently waiting for me to notice that he needed a treat...so Rocket is included for scale :D
Mr. Rocket, the supervisor - he makes sure I take breaks to visit the treat area several times a night...
Inside matches the purse, since I had scraps of the fabric left!
I still have a tiny bit of this fabric left, I hope someday they finally run it, but until then, I'll just collect it and pet it every so often ;)
Had to use a matching zipper! Not my usual size, but it worked!
I resisted the temptation to keep it! Barely...

1 comment:

  1. I love your bag. And the little backpack is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!