Monday, July 20, 2020

Gothic Circus Siren Tote (XOXO by Lauren) - Moon Beam Fabrics

It's time for another fun fabric preorder from Moon Beam Textiles! This one is called Gothic Circus and has a dark grunge feel.  The colors are very rich and deep, but so hard to photograph!
My attempt at a pretty picture in the yard...I love flowers that grow by themselves!
Other side, wanted to get the carousel, which is just awesome!
For my strikes, I got the circus border, which is very cool, but also HUGE!  I wanted to show it off, so I used the Siren Tote from XOXO, by Lauren, and I had to increase the height to really show off the print.  The good news is that this was super easy to do, and I also have a giant quilting ruler, so I was able to use that to try to get the best cut.
Another shot of the Ferris wheel
The Siren tote is great to feature fun fabrics, and fast to make! There is just a little bit of hardware to give it 'style' and it could be modified to have so many features, or left simple to be a great grab and go bag. I use my unicorn coffee one to carry bigger crochet projects, and this one would hold even more!
The straps are a great length, fit over the shoulder and are softer to carry.
I fell in love with the teal diamonds, and it does coordinate (same color as the trees on the border print), but I really want to find a project to show it off more!  I have some scraps of the border print left too, mainly extra of the diamonds.  One yard of a custom print does go a long way! 
The siren is a soft tote bag, has a little structure but not stiff!
Looking down into the bag, so much space!!

The base uses vinyl on the base for a little extra structure/fun/strength, and I used the awesome tooled black vinyl from My Punkbroidery to stick with the gothic feel of the fabric! It looks amazing in person, but again, not easy to get a picture! Either you wash it out and get the details, or leave it the right color and it hides all the amazing textures.
I need more tooled vinyl.  For my collection.
Don't forget to preorder your awesome Gothic Circus print before the round closes at the end of the month!  If you aren't really into circus themes (guilty!), there's a gradient damask I'm eyeballing for my stash and the diamond coordinates have some amazing colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!