Thursday, September 12, 2024

Amari Tote Bag - Pattern Testing for The Styled Magnolia

This is the first time I've gotten to test a bag for The Styled Magnolia, and I have to say that it was a super cute and fast one! Even better, I was able to snag some of the clear vinyl they sell and it was so nice to sew up! The Amari Tote bag comes in 2 sizes, and it's on sale this week!

Kitties in witch hats? Too cute!

Full of yarn, but it kind of blended in...
I made the small version, using a fun Halloween style print, with coordinating purple webbing (also from TSM), and some of my stash of waterproof canvas, plus premade bias binding left over from mask making...That bias tape will probably last me another 10-20 years....

I did add my tag, but you can see the stitching on the inside, so had to try to do it pretty!
I was able to cut all the pieces and sew it up in one night, so it definitely is a fast bag! I did cheat a little with the premade bias tape, but even if I had to make that from scratch, it would still be pretty fast. 

Inside - nice and deep!

Started filling it with random skeins of chunky yarn, I gave up after about 6 since there was a LOT of room left!

I was a little concerned about finishing the bottom part, but I took my time and my Brother PQ1500sl was able to handle all the layers! It gives it a really fun bottom corner, but the black fabric makes it hard to see.

I got the bottom to line up pretty nicely

Since I sewed up a fun Halloween print, I was thinking that it would be fun to put a glow stick in the pocket, but of course I couldn't find any! Instead, I threw some fairy lights in the bottom, which made it so pretty!

This is just a fun view!

Make sure you grab your copy of the Amari Tote pattern, and check out the Alba Stadium bag pattern that also just released, a clear stadium style zipper bag!

Straps are a nice shoulder length!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!