Saturday, September 7, 2024

Dragon Phoebe Mini Backpack - Knitorious Fabric and Sincerely Jen Patterns

I can't even express how excited I was to get to sew up some of this GORGEOUS Abraxos Tan fabric from Knitorious for the new Bookish round! I love dragons and flowers, and this is just amazing! The fabric is based off the Sarah J. Maas Throne of Glass books and the dragon Abraxos. I admit, I hadn't read that far in the series when I received the fabric, but I finally read far enough to understand the flowers!  I was thinking that a backpack would be really handy for a dragon rider, and the Phoebe from Sincerely Jen fit the panel perfectly!

A small backpack, but not tiny!
The panel is the child sized, in cotton canvas, and the main fabric is the regular scale, I think the half scale would be so pretty on a matching wallet! There's even a coordinate that is just the pretty flowers, if you aren't into dragons (I've heard there are people that don't like them, but I've never met one...). This fabric is even officially licensed by the author! How cool is that??
Back, which is just the toss fabric, with scraps of the front panel for the connectors

Backpack on a rock, because all the flowers died in the heat wave...

I've made this bag before, and it's a great little bag. There are a BUNCH of pockets and it's not that hard to make as long as you take your time on the curves! I did make a mistake and initially treat the canvas like regular woven fabric, so I did ALL the interfacing, which then caused my semi-industrial machine to throw a fit. Once I took off all the SF101 from the pieces, it went MUCH easier and the bag still has amazing structure! 

Inside slip pocket
The best part, I was able to get the entire backpack (minus the straps) from one panel and a fat half of the canvas! I had to do some creative cutting, but I have just enough left to do a fun little zipper pouch, or maybe applique onto another project.  
Peeking into the front pocket, with another dragon!
The zippers on this bag are also from Knitorious, they were technically for the LOTR round, but the dragons were so perfect for this one! I used a lilac zipper from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts that is a perfect match for the seatbelt webbing straps (also from WS&C). I found some scraps of glitter vinyl in my stash to match the webbing and give it a little grippy-ness so the slides hold it in place.
It could be a logo for an iron witch dragon rider

The 2 zippers come together on one side

This bag is fun because you can connect the straps in different ways, to turn it into a shoulder or crossbody bag, or possibly even a sling bag!

One strap, just connected to the top 2 buckle D rings
I really wasn't thinking about where my tag would go on the bag, but the piece I cut for the top was slightly off center since I was running out of fabric. Now I can pretend it was on purpose so I wouldn't cover (much of) the dragon! 

Times like this, I wish I had purple tags!
I've been drooling over all the amazing fabrics currently up for preorder in this round, some of the Bridgerton and Pride and Prejudice ones are already in my cart! This round closes on the 9th, so don't wait to grab some of the amazing designs! https://knitoriousfabric.shop/
I was trying to get a 'flying' pic of the bag, but my photoshop skills are not that good...

I even tried a mostly sky shot since it was so gorgeous outside!

This bag is going up in the Etsy shop soon, if I can bear to give it up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!