Monday, September 16, 2024

Floral Wars Julep Tote Bag - RLR Creations Pattern Testing

One good thing about orders slowing down is that I've had extra time to do more pattern testing! The new Julep Tote bag from RLR Designs is definitely a fun bag and I'm very happy I was able to fit it into my schedule for testing!  The pattern makes a nice roomy bag, with lots of pockets!

R2 had to be front and center, he's the best!

Tryin a new spot to get daylight pics!

Side pocket shot
I dug into my stash for this gorgeous Knitorious Floral Wars fabric (might get lucky and find it in the always available collection!), and I even found a coordinating glitter fabric! The glitter is from Joann's, and even though I washed it twice, it still shed a bit. This is just a magical bag that spreads joy (aka glitter) wherever you take it!

Everyone needs an Ewok in their pocket, but this one is mine.
I didn't realize that this bag had so many pockets until I started making it, there are the end slip pockets, and each of the slants on the outside has another deep pocket! I did use the glitter fabric for inside the pockets, so probably anything put in the pockets will end up with specks of glitter. (Is that a bad thing?)

Trust me, it's a pocket.
I tried to be more careful sewing the connectors this time, so the stitching is better, but then I realized that I had these fun Chicago screws in my collection that were totally perfect as an accent/detractor from my sewing! The glitter vinyl I used for the connectors actually matches a better than the pictures shows. My camera was not happy with the glitter and kept changing colors on everything.
The Millennium Falcon is my favorite ship

On the other side, I slightly angled them in, but they do twist a bit
Inside, the bag has a zip pocket and more slip pockets. I used a grey grunge fabric from my stash, since I had nothing else that really matched! I originally planned on the purple glitter fabric for the lining as well, but then I thought that might be TOO much glitter...probably not, but I'm STILL randomly sparkling after I touch things in the sewing studio. 

Zipper pocket
Looking down, nice and roomy
Slip pockets
I think the next time I make this, if I use foam for the lining, I'll probably do a slightly more generous seam allowance since mine ended up being a little baggy inside.
I beat it into shape, but it could be tighter
The zippers on this one had to be something fun, so I used my R2 pulls on the oil slick Nightmare Zipper tape from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts!
R2!
The construction on this bag was not at all what I expected, and one fun feature was that the tail of the zipper is actually sewn into the seam, so no end flopping around!
The zipper panel has a gap on both ends, but it opens all the way!
Don't forget to check out the pattern for the Julep Tote, and if you want to special order one, I still have some openings for Christmas (or before!) delivery!
Tried using my baby Ewok as a prop, but the colors went...70s?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!