Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Another Week Flew Past!

I had hoped to finish the Window Shopper Tote from the Bag of the Month club last weekend, but that didn't happen.  Just have the inside to sew and putting it all together!  I seem to be underestimating how long things will take to finish lately...probably not a good thing when my list keeps growing...  I can't wait to finish it and then I'll start on something new, if I can decide which pattern is calling me more.  I made a giant list of what I should work on, alternating finishing projects with new ones, but I might skip around on it a bit.  Right now I have no orders pushing me along so I can take my time and do something I want, maybe even something for myself!
It's starting to grow on me -- must resist urge to keep it!

I have a ton of purse patterns that I've either bought, been gifted, or received for pattern testing over the last few years...but I still can't resist new ones or ones on sale that catch my eye!  Now I'm contemplating jumping the line with the Lotus handbag... (mostly because there's a sew along going on right now) but it's begging for some awesome fabric or embroidery and I just can't decide!  Maybe I'll break out my OctoGarden fabric for it (I only have one bolt!), or some pretty 'plain' fabric with a fun embroidery design...I was browsing my patterns and ran across the paper boat pirate, one of the very first Urban Threads designs I bought...and still one of my favorites!  I think I have TOO MANY options right now!!  Time to start sewing more of the stash so it limits what I can pick from!  Or maybe I'll throw it out for everyone to vote on a pattern/fabric and I'll force myself to make it. 

My 'to do' bucket - I started pulling the fabric and putting them into ziplocks with the pattern.  Keeps me from accidentally using one! Sadly, that is an almost 'clean' work area for me!

Coming up at the start of next month will be another Sew Along - We're revisiting the Serendipity Hip so if you missed it last time, or want to make more (they are fun!) be sure to join us on the ChrisW Designs Facebook group!  There will be prizes for purses completed during the sew along! And the deadline will keep me on track, so I should get back into my groove again!

WIP: (Stuff sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

Sewing: 


Flannel Eater blanket - I will finish this in March!

February Bag of the Month Window Shopper - Halfway done!

Crochet:


Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail.  Only 5 more months and she'll be done (I'm making progress...) - Now I'm second guessing how huge she is turning out...GAH!

Princess Lovey - she just needs hair and her head attached so she's moving up the line!

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

Brandt's Boulevard in skulls (x2 - different fabrics, another one in "Girly" fabric)
Finish the Owl Epiphany purse
Crayon Rolls
Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
Tulip pouches (from this free pattern!!)
January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric

March Bag of the Month - this one is begging for some awesome embroidery!

Embroidered pillow covers - New couch needs new pillows!
Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!

UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!)

Sedimental Quilt- all quilted, just needs squared up and binding - A friend offered to make the binding for me, so I just need to send her the fabric and she'll cut and iron it all so I won't have an excuse to put it off!
Cowls - just need buttons and ends woven in.  Giving up on the one a month plan until it gets closer to craft season.
Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
Dragon Lovey - I have pieces and the blanket done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!