Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WIP Wednesday - Help, I lost my table!

The Serendipity Hip Sew along is in full swing this week, lots of great purses coming together and being shared in the FaceBook group!  I, on the other hand, somehow lost my sewing area...I'm not sure what happened, but I suspect there was a craft explosion of some sort, probably the crafting gnomes that like to steal my zippers and matching thread...  Nothing to do with my crazy fast purse making last weekend.  Nothing at all.  :D
See, crazy craft gnomes have been digging through my stuff again.  No wonder I'm not getting anything done...

While I'm looking for my work area, I have managed to get a few things planned out and almost finished!  The flannel eater blanket is finally cut!!  Now it just needs a little repair work where my cutter went wild and crossed into another line.  Lesson learned:  don't cut faux chenille lines while reclining on the couch...
Need to fix it before I can wash it and make it fluffy!
My son also picked out his next pillowcase from some fun fabric I found at the local quilt show - it's called "Germania" and it has germs on it.  He paired it with my stashed DNA fabric and a piece of my ombre stack.  Perfect for him!

I'm still going to do the My Little Pony Serendipity Hip, but this Tula Pink Tiger has been staring into my soul, saying "MAKE ME INTO A PURSE" and I think it should fit perfectly on the front pocket.  Or, if not, maybe it will become another Gabby.  I just want it to get off my case and stop staring!
Hey there.

WIP: (Stuff sitting out on my work area and taking up space)

Sewing: 

Serendipity Hip - Fabric needs ironed and cut, catch up to the SAL

Swap Tote Bag - Need to finish this ASAP for a swap gift that has a deadline of Monday!  I'm hoping the Totes Ma Tote pattern really is as fast as it looks!

March BOM - Pirate BunnyBeard just needs his strap!

Flannel Eater blanket - Just needs binding and a little fixing!

Embroidered pillow covers - need to cut a back piece after I figure out if I'm doing a zipper or envelope closure...

Crochet:

Started a new lovey - sea turtle!  (because I'm avoiding the mermaid)

Mermaid lovey - Sea blanket is done, head is done (no hair), started on tail. Giant head is kind of freaking me out, so I need to finish her!

Tag teaming a yellow Lab...trying to crochet late at night with no stitch markers is not a good plan for me.  Instead I conned my oldest into making it.  She's actually pretty amazing at crochet!

Embroidery:  

Super Hero birthday party this weekend, need to throw some gauntlets and finger puppets or  on the machine asap!  Maybe a shirt for myself?

Start cutting out my backlog of bows and keychains so I'm maybe ahead of the game for the next Etsy orders and craft shows...

NIL (Next in Line-Things I plan on and want to do, but haven't gotten around to yet...)

Brandt's Boulevard in skulls (x2 - different fabrics, another one in "Girly" fabric - need the first one by May1)
Star Wars Tote Purse - fabrics picked out
Lotus Purse sew along started...I really want to make this one too!
Finish the Owl Epiphany purse
Crayon Rolls
Rosie Tsum Tsum purse
Tulip pouches (from this free pattern!!)
January Bag of the Month (Backgammon Bag) - Either in some Effervescence fabric or maybe the Zelda stained glass fabric
Quilted pillow covers - Sasquatch fabric is ready to go, just need some spare time!

UFO (Unfinished Objects that are already started but I have no set time to work on and don't want to forget about them forever!)

Sedimental Quilt- all quilted, just needs squared up and binding - as soon as I finish a Serendipity Hip, this is getting the binding attached so I can hand sew and zone out in front of the tv!
Cowls - just need buttons and ends woven in.  Giving up on the one a month plan until it gets closer to craft season.
Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish, already have someone that wants it!
Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
Dragon Lovey - I have pieces and the blanket done

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!