Monday, May 18, 2020

Space Cowboy Expedition Tote (Swoon) - Moon Beam Textiles

It's time again for another preorder at Moon Beam textiles, and this is an awesome one!  The Animeverse fabric is fun and stylish.
3,2,1, Let's Jam!


I've been eying the Expedition Tote from Swoon (aff link) for a while, it seemed like a great size, with some fun features, so I used this fabric as an excuse to finally sew it up!  It is a nice size, not too huge, but you could fill it up with a lot of stuff.
Back, with giant slip pocket
The exterior pockets are great for organization, and the inside can be zipped shut, or left open and filled to the brim!
Tried a flat lay. Ok I guess...

Chunky zipper
Peering down into the back slip pocket

There's even a zipper pocket inside for more organization! I love using the quilting cotton for my bags, but due to a printer mix up, I ended up getting a fat half of the print fabric in cotton lycra, and a yard of the stripes in the woven.  They mix well, and both look amazing!
Stripes go the other way because I had EXACTLY enough fabric to make the purse, no extra
The chunky zipper pulls from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts were perfect for this bag! I love the buckle D rings, too.
Ginormous zipper pulls from my stash, had no idea what I would use them on, but NEEDED them!
These come in 1/2" and 3/4", and are perfect for smaller connectors!
The Expedition is not a super structured tote, so the top part will flop over when you use the detachable strap.  It's not an adjustable strap, but the length works for cross body for me, or it could be a shoulder strap that hangs down pretty low.  Or take it off and just use the handles!
We won't talk about if my stitching is actually straight, I'm blaming the wonky stripes for messing with my brain
If you'd like this bag for yourself, it will be for sale this week, or let me know if you need something different, I'd love an excuse to buy more Bebop, DBZ and Sailor Moon fabric! The preorder ends May 31st, so be sure to grab some of the awesome fabric!
The only Cowboy Bebop item we have in our house, so had to include a staged shot :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!