Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Firefly Cord Minder Pouch (Moon Beam Textiles)

This was a request from a repeat customer, and it ended up being pretty fast and easy! The fabric is an awesome constellation Firefly inspired custom from Moon Beam Textiles.  It's not currently available for ordering, so I'm glad I stocked up on it!

The top hook can also be used to hang it from...something.

The skull zipper from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts is a fun addition

The pattern came from a blog post and had mostly guidelines, so really you could make this as big/small as you want! I did go with a connector I had on hand, but it still could hang up if you wanted to! Unfortunately the link is no longer active, and when I found a different one, it has some weird popups that won't let you do anything, so I'm not going to share a link.

Closed up

The zipper pouch is attached with snaps, so if you want to take it off and have more cords, or only take that with you, I guess you could? This was made during the height of mask making time, when it was impossible to find thin elastic, so I had to use whatever I could find.  The thinner would be easier to load and possibly stretch a little easier, but the thick elastic does hold everything in place!

The elastic goes all the way under the pouch

Yep, it's a pouch.

A roomy pouch!
I think if I ever make this again, I'll be doing a little different spacing on the elastic to give it more room for bigger cords. 

The back doesn't have anything exciting going on, except for awesome fabric!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!