Monday, June 28, 2021

Paper Princess Stardew Gaming Case

One of the first bags I sewed was a carrying case for a Leapster handheld gaming thing. I've definitely come a long way since then! And there are so many cool patterns available for just about any specific system.  The Stardew gaming carrier can hold a bunch of different gaming systems, but it really fits the Nintendo Switch the best!

A Switch for scale...
I have a ton of gaming fabrics, but the first order I got for this pattern was in an adorable princess fabric! The papercut princesses from Hapa Fabric is so bright and detailed!
I tried to get as many princesses as I could on there!

The request was for Belle to be the focus, so obviously I needed to use rose zipper pulls from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts!  Rainbow hardware, rivets and zipper coordinated well with the fabric since it is so colorful. 

Getting the rainbow finish to show up in pictures is really hard

Pretty sure this is the Phoenix Fire zipper, it's so bright and awesome!

The handles are made with a blue glitter vinyl, which matches the blue (not vinyl) bias binding inside. I really don't like doing bias binding, mainly because I end up hand sewing it to make it look better. I haven't figured out the trick to doing neat machine sewn on bias tape yet...

Even our game case matches...

The inside fabric is a gorgeous licensed Beauty and the Beast toss print, the red on red print has so many fun details, but they don't show up that well in pictures.  There is a large pocket that holds a regular sized Switch, plus pockets on the other side to hold the (tiny) game cartridges!  

Plenty of room inside!

So many tiny empty pockets

and filled up...some of them because I didn't feel like putting the games back after the pics

I need to think about how to make this pattern without binding, it would probably go a little faster for me!  There are different strap and handle options, and I'd love to try one with the reverse appliques or something fancy!

One last look at the pretty fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!