Monday, July 19, 2021

Dino Pocket Pal and Pouch (Lind's Handmade, Moon Beam Textiles)

I've had this cute little pattern for a while, but no chance to make it until I got the new vinyl from Moon Beam Textiles to try out.  The Pocket Pal from Lind's Handmade is actually pretty fast! I should pull out my scan n' cut to see if it cuts even faster, but really, you cut 5 pieces! Three are out of vinyl, one in the pocket fabric, and a piece of ribbon (or non-fray fabric like Oly fun).

A cute set!

Hard to see the slots without cards in them

The Pocket Pal has 3 card slots, which doesn't seem like nearly enough, but if you are just grabbing it to run out the door and don't want to carry a purse, it would be perfect! It fits in my back pocket nicely, or if you had pants with REAL pockets, it might even fit in a front pocket. ;)

Yes, that IS a Jurassic Park snap...but it totally works!

Zipper stash paid off again! 
The dino zipper is a great accent! I used some scraps of the Fireflies print for the lining, just for a little extra fun inside!

Ship in a jar

The colors are so pretty on this fabric
Since I had an entire roll of the vinyl to use, I also decided to make a tiny little pouch. I used the Professional Pouch general measurements to make sure it was a decent size. I wanted to see how sturdy the vinyl is, so I didn't interface anything.  I got a little aggressive trying to get a corner out, and did manage to shove my poker tool through the vinyl, so I think a little interfacing might be good on bigger projects, just for extra strength. (Or, don't Hulk out on it when you are using something pretty sharp...)

I love the blue dinosaur

The print on the vinyl is nice and crisp, but it is a different tone than the original fabric.  Vinyl takes the ink different, but I kind of like the grey background more!

The brass hardware really shows the details!

And the black zipper is like stars in space!

I was throwing this one together pretty late at night, so I just grabbed some scraps of fabric and random hardware...the black sparkle zipper tape came from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts, and the Serenity is from Level Up Hardware

The Comeback Collection is only open until the end of the month, so don't wait to grab some of the fun vinyl or pretty prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!