Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Leaf On The Wind Everyday Tote (Moon Beam Textiles)

This month I got two awesome vinyl rolls and a cunning panel from Moon Beam Textiles to show of the Comeback collection.  The rolls of vinyl can be ordered in either 12 or 18" widths, but the strike ones were not quite those measurements.  I had plans to make the tote bag with the fun panel and then do the accents and other side of the Everyday Tote (Bagstock designs) in the vinyl, but one of my rolls was just an inch too short for that.  My suggestion is to get the 18" if you are going to make purses so you have lots of options for directional and featured cuts.

The shine of the vinyl and the dark saturation of the panel were a challenge to photograph

I shared these before, but these vinyl projects are just so cute!
The vinyl is easy to cut and sew, and I haven't seen any issues with tearing. It does have a fuzzy back, but the vinyl is a really nice thickness, not so thick you can't bend it, but not so thin it's tearing if you look at it funny.
Vinyl straps, easy to wipe clean!
Late night cutting means that sometimes (many times) things go a little off plan...like the panel I SWEAR I had centered, but when I cut it out, I was noticeably off center.  I blame the crafting gnomes, they are out to get me.  After swearing a little, I decided to try fussy cutting out an image from the too short roll of vinyl and appliqueing it onto the panel with the hopes that it would look 'intentional'.  I think it gives it a little more interest and fun, so I'm going to say it was totally on purpose.
I'm trying to talk myself out of keeping the bag, I don't NEED another purse for my collection...
The parasols and strawberries are so fun and bright!

Really hard to get inside purse shots...
The original dino print quilting fabric looks great with the vinyl! I had it in my collection, waiting for the perfect project.  I also ordered the original strawberry print, which was so fun for the lining! 
The fabric color has more brown tone, the vinyl has more of a grey tone

Nice long shoulder straps

My hardware stash gave me the perfect supplies, the Serenity zipper pull is so detailed, and the zipper is a glittery blue 'space' looking one!
Shiny!
Zipper gusset keeps everything inside
It has been hazy here lately, so I apologize for the pics, but I did manage to squeeze the bag in my tiny LED light box...so that's a pretty good 'true color' pic.
The panel background has great texture
The preorder for this round ends on 7/31 so don't wait to get your order in!
I feel a mighty need to go watch some Firefly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!