Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Demon Slayer Tower Crossbody Bag (Sew Sweetness) Longshore Custom Fabric

When I saw the awesome fabric planned for Longshore Custom Fabric's next round, I was crossing my fingers I'd get a chance to sew it up! I wasn't picked in the original plan but there ended up being some extra so I had to quickly sew it up over the weekend to get it all ready to share everywhere! My youngest (and newest anime fan) likes the fabric and helped me find some quick and cute patterns to use with it.

I keep forgetting their names...but I LOVE the colors on this fabric!
I received a fat half of the cotton spandex fabric, which was plenty for a few projects! This was my first time making the Tower Crossbody from Sew Sweetness (free pattern!), and I got a little confused as I was cutting out the pieces (probably due to reading a book until the wee hours of the morning and sleep deprivation, plus cutting out 2 projects at the same time to make sure I had enough fabric). I ended up leaving off the outside top piece and the side accents, but that just made it so much faster and it still looks great!  

The child did complain about me cutting into the boar guy.

I couldn't figure out where the outside zipper pocket was going to end up based on just reading the pattern; I made a guess and was a little wrong...so the zipper goes through a character, which I was really trying to avoid! I was tempted to move the pocket when I realized it, but I didn't want to make it too small, and I was still trying to figure out the extra overlay pieces at that point. (Which I ended up leaving off anyway)

Inside, with zipper pocket
Since I only had a limited amount of the fabric, I needed to stretch it with something from my stash. The waves from the Tokyo Milk print were perfect color match and went with the wave theme on the outside! I really hate to use the spandex for straps (makes them super thick!) so I used it for the strap.
Pretty strap

Pretty rainbow zipper from the stash, not really wavy like it looks here, just forgot to push it flat

This bag is really minimal on pockets, just a zippered one inside and outside, but that means it was pretty fast to make! It's also a nice size for stuffing in what you need for the day and going out and about. The zipper is so perfect, a blue and oil slick that I got in a mystery pack from Level Up hardware. The gorgeous rainbow connector and slide are from Wizardry, Stitchery, and crafts, plus the AWESOME new variegated blue moon thread arrived in time to be used on this bag. I used crow zippers from Zor-Elle fabrics because I was informed there are crows in the show. I really need to find some time to watch it so I have some idea about the characters!
She's peeking out of the bottom!

The preorder is only open for a few more days, so make sure to grab some! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!