Monday, February 28, 2022

Women of Star Wars Toile Connie Wristlet (R + R Patterns)

I love the combination of fun and fancy, so this toile is perfect! The Star Wars Toile from Knitorious is one of my favorite inspired fabrics.

This scale was great for smaller projects!
Other side with more awesome women of Star Wars

The Connie Wristlet is a fun little bag with so many pockets! I don't get as many requests to make this pattern, so I always have to spend time remembering which pieces go where. It's important to have the right inside and outside ones, since you are making essentially 3 pouches but nesting them inside/together and end up with lots of compartments!

So many pockets!
The outside zipper keeps everything contained, but inside are 2 big compartments, plus a middle zipper pocket (extra secure!) and then 2 smaller slip pockets between the zipper and the bigger pockets.

You can see the 3 'pieces' here a little better

For fabric this fancy, I went with a pretty gold hardware finish. I rarely use gold just because when I first started it was really hard to find all the pieces in the same gold finish and it seemed to be less durable than the silver. Now there are a TON of places selling hardware and they have a wide variety of pieces so I can order all the stuff I need from one place so it matches. I just don't have the room to keep every color and every piece in stock, so I seem to use silver and rainbow finishes the most.

Top view, with the pretty Rebel zipper pull
Gold connector

The 'other side' of the zipper, the end is riveted to the middle so the zipper isn't flapping everywhere
The lining fabric is an awesome Porgs in costumes custom fabric that just makes me laugh! Porg in a metal bikini? Yes please!
It's really hard to get a picture of the inside fabric since it's so small...

I really need to make a bigger purse with this fabric to show off more of the great images!

One last look at the pretty fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!