Monday, August 7, 2023

Magical Tiffin Double Compartment Lunch Tote (Pattern Testing - RLR Creations)

I've been having fun with pattern testing lately! This time it was a cute Tiffin Double Compartment lunch bag from RLR Creations. 

Decided to do it in a fun fabric from the stash...
Back of the lunch bag, you could feature a fun small panel!

I picked the "child" sized version for mine, which would hold enough for me, easily! It almost makes me wish I didn't work from home so I could have an excuse to pack a lunch. 

Full sized soda can for an idea of size...and it's not even pushed into the corner, so there's room behind it.
I used the water resistant canvas from Backstitch, which has some nice structure, plus a waterproof canvas (Wal-mart special!) and left off the interfacing, other than the insulation. Both of those fabrics together gave my sewing machine a work out, and it's supposed to be pretty strong! Switching to the teflon foot really helped with the sewing, but I was still fighting it. I ended up doing some hand stitching at the very end, but it wasn't a ton since I was able to get the drop in liner to (almost) work for me! I think next time I'll triple the number of pins I use, or maybe try gluing it in place first...that water proof/resistant canvas is so slippery!
random ice pack from the freezer to try to give an idea of room, probably would be more useful with a smaller ice pack

For being such a small bag, it has a lot of pockets! There is a front slip pocket (napkins, silverware, cute note?), a small bottom section that opens super wide (perfect for a plastic square container that might not need an ice pack), and a big inside zipped compartment. 

Just the pocket, without anything in it. It squishes a bit if it's empty.
I dug into my stash of fun zippers from Wizardry, Stitchery, and Crafts to find magical zipper pulls, plus the Night Mare Zipper tape was perfect! There's even a little bit of Unicorn Mane sewing string topstitching on the darker print, but then I started having issues with the sewing machine and gave it up for something that would blend in and hide some of my mistakes. ;)

Lightning bolt, plus probably the truest pic of the Night Mare zipper tape color I can get

Luna glasses and Deathly Hallows, dual zipper heads make it open easier

Another Hallows, and some Unicorn Mane Sewing String topstitching. It's straighter than it looks (probably)
Be sure to grab your copy of this fun lunch bag! 

Playing around with the photo editing on my phone...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!