I added in a few things and screwed up a few other things... Extra slip pockets on the inside, with a little extra room to them. The outside zipper is supposed to be above the cargo pockets, but I made a design choice to put it on the side with another slip pocket. (Yes, let's call it a 'design choice,' not an 'oops, I mixed the steps up because it was late at night and I was also running the embroidery machine and watching tv and that's not supposed to be there but too late now' incident)
|(I meant to put the zipper there...yeah.)|
The inside is laminated, with a fuzzy backing. My first time trying to sew with something like that, and perhaps my last?? It wasn't too bad, but my sewing machine did fight a bit and complain. The worst part was that the pieces slid a bit as I was trying to cut them out, so some of the pieces later got a little bit re-shaped and downsized. Good thing they were the lining!
|(Not even sure what this fabric is called, but it was in the home decorating section)|
I also used Duck cloth, which is a sturdier/thicker fabric, plus headliner foam, so I didn't really go by the interfacing requirements at all. I did add some foam into the strap for cushion, and interfaced the handles. (I expect this thing to weigh more than a small child when filled. And it CAN fit a small child in there) I'm pretty sure I could fit my dog and his sister in the bag. Plus a small child. ;)
And I finally got to use one of my 'handmade' labels from EmmalineBags! I've been hoarding them (and forgetting about them) for some awesome bags, I hope this one falls into that category!
Next up I have a request for the Betty Bowler from Swoon, but I think I'll be making a practice one first to see how it goes!