Monday, January 2, 2017

2017 Resolutions and Craft Goals

My craft supplies are getting a bit out of hand again, so it's time to weed down and use up everything!  I'm still taking orders for custom purses and Etsy, so my thinning of the herd has to work around those things.  One year I made it my goal to finish 2 UFO's before I started a new project, and I was able to get quite a few things done that year!  I think I'll go for something similar this year...
Time out shelf...I think they've learned their lessons and are ready to play nice.


Goals:


  1. Clean out the UFO pile
    • I plan to accomplish this goal by finishing up one crochet and one sewn project (or 2 of one type) before I start a new 'fun' project
    • I will go through my UFO/WIP actual projects and decide if I really want to finish the project, or if it will get tossed/frogged/repurposed.
  2. Use up my supplies (I have yarn coming out my ears, fabric piled to the ceiling, and lots of other fun supplies)
    One small portion of my supply wall...
    • Use at least 1 skein of yarn a month, aiming for 2
    • Use up at least 4 yards of fabric a month (hopefully more!)
    • Stitch out bows, finger puppets, pony ears, and other fun things that will use my felt stash
  3. Start using patterns I've gotten and never made
    • Purse Patterns - 1 per month of a new pattern (I also signed up for the next Bag of the Month club, so that will be adding more patterns to my library!)
    • Clothing patterns - hats, shirts, pants, leggings (Use up my custom fabrics!)
    • embroidery files - Stitch out at least 5 new designs a week
Then, get the new things listed on Etsy!

UFO list:  

(fast finishes)

  1. Hoods on towels (2)
  2. Epiphany purse - topstitching and handles
  3. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  4. Buttons on cowls
  5. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  6. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize)
Anyone want to join me in the UFO challenge?  I may be persuaded to part with some of my stash for prizes if there is enough interest in the challenge...I do have enough fabric to share with everyone!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!