Wednesday, January 4, 2017

WIP Wednesday - New Year, New List!

Ok, not really totally new, but I'm going to take off some things and add in other stuff...and keep my UFO list from my resolutions handy so I can force myself to finish!  Hopefully a smaller list is easier to keep track of and less intimidating. Of course to start it off right, I decided to do an entirely new project instead of anything from my list... 

The embroidery patterns are a fun touch...

I am ready for a cross-body bag again, as much as I LOVE my Boronia Bowler and get tons of compliments, It just isn't the right shape for wearing against the body, so I think it's time for a new one.  I really want something that I can go hands free with so I'm going to give the Sydney pattern a try! I've been stashing some Spoonflower fabric, just for me, so this is going to be another epic Nerd bag!
Lining is a glow in the dark Doctor Who fabric from Joann's! 

I also need to start using up a LOT of my fabric, so it's time to bust out fast and fun purses!  I am joining a Swoon challenge: use any swoon pattern to make 5 purses in January, and then tracking it with the #5SwoonChallenge!  It's just for fun, so anyone can join in on the challenge!  My first is going to be the Sydney, and I'm hoping to finish it this week!

Since it seems like I can't focus on just one project, I also cut into some of my custom knit fabric this week; I love this sleeping beauty shadow style fabric and some random purple sparkle remnant I picked up in a sale matches perfectly and I just barely had enough to do the sleeves and neckline!

Laundry Day Shirt is almost finished...I tried to combine 2 sizes and failed...

I did finish my entire December list at least!!

  December NEED to finish list:


  • Wizard of Oz Window Shopper DONE!!
  • Disney Minky Cowl - Working on this tonight! It's still December...
  • Flannel infinity scarves (at least 5) Done with minutes to spare!
  • Pony Ears for Etsy order - Shop is open again!

Current Projects:

  • Fix bottom and hem Sleeping Beauty shirt 
  • SuperWhoLock Sydney Purse 
  • Crochet slouchy hat

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  1. Hoods on towels (2)
  2. Epiphany purse - topstitching and handles
  3. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  4. Buttons on cowls
  5. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  6. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive
  7. Rivets on BunnyBeard purse 
  8. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize) 
  7. Embroidered kitchen towels
  8. Peeker hooded towels 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!