Thursday, May 4, 2017

WIP Thursday - May the 4th Be With You!

Once again it's time to celebrate my nerdiness...With Star Wars day!  And what better way than with new fabrics!  I didn't have time to turn these into anything amazing (yet), but I have plans.  BIG plans.
Awesome shirt panel from Backstitch fabrics
I have this in giant minky and small t-shirt sized panels.  I'm thinking snugly blanket and pillows for the couch!

So many awesome characters!
There was some progress made this week...but not as much as I hoped!  Cutting out the embroidered backlog is a never ending task...but I made a small dent!
Finger puppets, book marks, pencil toppers and key chains!

And I even started sewing some of the crayon rolls that have been cut out for almost a year.  Or maybe more than a year....
Hopefully kids still like pirates...I mean what's NOT to like about pirates?
And in other random news, I think my book only has one more round of review before I start my quest to get it published!

Current Projects:

  • Ellen's Esplanade - Using some awesome custom printed Harry Potter Coffee fabric!Done!
  • Possibly pattern testing - Fabric selected, now to squeeze it in between packing!
  • Ruched Shirt - Going to try this one using some of my less fancy knit fabric, hopefully it is fast and flattering! 

Current Crochet Projects:

  • WeeBee baby doll  -  Tail/bikini left. 
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • Figuring out C2C (corner to corner) crochet with some random scarfie yarn...it's pretty fast and fun so far, but I haven't gotten to the decrease part yet...
  • Started working on cowls for the fall because they are mindless and fast...but I really should totally finish them, not leave them with tails and button-less...

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Bag of the Month - February and March - going to try to do at least 4 of the patterns before the club ends in June!
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map (?)
  • Tote bags using my new coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Baby Mermaid gown

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  1. Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  2. Buttons on cowls
  3. Several random crochet hats that need ends woven in/buttons attached
  4. Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive still hasn't happened...
  5. Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  1. Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - all the pieces are cut, just needs finished!
  2. Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  3. Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  4. Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  5. Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  6. Sea turtle crochet lovey
  7. Crochet Worgen 
  8. Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  9. Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  10. Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  1. Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  2. Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  3. Cork purse (I have a stash I'm afraid to cut, but it's so pretty!)
  4. Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  5. Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  6. Purses with the custom knits (need to research the best way to stabilize) 
  7. Embroidered kitchen towels
  8. Peeker hooded towels  
  9. Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  10. zip around crayon rolls


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!