Wednesday, December 20, 2017

WIP Wednesday - Countdown to Christmas!

So...only 5 days until Christmas is upon us...anyone actually ready??  My final order went out this morning, now to start working on everything else...and maybe catching up on sleep...I've been seeing a bit too much of 1 am in the last week...
Last purse...random picture because I don't want to reveal before Christmas!

Minky wasn't actually that bad to work with...it was the cuddle fabric that tried to attack me when I cut it...which didn't deter me from wanting to try turning my extra scraps into some cute stuffed animals next week...I may be a glutton for punishment!

Back of one of the minky blankets.  My dot backing was slightly too small, so a stripe of the fun fabric to the rescue!
I think the rest of this week will be sewing some pj's for my kids (and maybe myself) - time to start using up the fabric collection!  Next week will be organizing and cleaning the craft studio, so I should run across some fun stuff!
I need a pretty cunning pattern for this fabric...
More fun fabrics demanding to be sewn!


Current Projects:

  • Minky Blankets, orders for Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Disney sayings
  • Another Funny Faces wallet - Hoping to see some action shots from Disney!
  • Carrier's Conquest Floral Wars- Crossing my fingers that it arrives in time!
  • French Terry PJ pants for my kids (and me)
  • raglan style shirt for me with Christmas fabric
  • Science zipper pouch - Delivered
  • Teacher gifts - IOU's for whatever they want, hat, cowl, scarf....that should be good, right? It's not even cold here yet!
  • Pattern test - sewing in my after Christmas break! 

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Etsy order Shop will be back after Christmas
  • Ornaments - Cut out Doctor Who ones, add ribbon
  • personalized ornament
  • Hello Kitty hooded towel

 January Orders:

  • Potter purse
  • 2 more Hogwarts clutches
  • Harry Potter embroidered reading pillow

Current Crochet Projects:

  • Started a dragon scarf with one of my Black Friday sale buys...
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.

Next Projects: (orders and using up fabric)

  • crayon rolls - Finish up and list on Etsy
  • Swoon Sydney messenger bags for birthday presents (from April and May...)
  •  Request for a 'small purse' for my youngest who has outgrown her Frozen Serendipity Hip...time to find it a new home!
  • Finish clematis that were cut at the same time as the swap one (3)
  • Storm Trooper shirt for me (super cute pattern, hopefully doesn't emphasize my 'mom bod')
  • Handkerchief Purse
  • Bag of the Month - almost time for the next one!
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown - Found the fabric!  Maybe I'll just make one for fun since the Niece is already past the newborn size...
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Replace stripped screws on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive fixed one, need to get more screws because they are disappearing...
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit (Harry Potter Ugly sweater fabric)
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!