Monday, October 8, 2018

Game of Thrones Bonnie Bucket Bag (Swoon) - Moon Beam Textiles

After doing the 2 quick Clematis zipper pouches, I needed to come up with a project that used both the Moon Beam Textiles strike off fabrics.  Bonnie Bucket Bag by Swoon  is perfect for showcasing multiple fabrics and a fast sew!
The 'Jon Snow' side of the bag
Daenerys side of the bag
The pattern calls for a center seam, but I really wanted to showcase the fabrics so instead of cutting 4 top pieces, I cut 2 larger ones that didn't include the seam allowance and made it dual sided! Be sure to snag your own Dracarys fabric before the preorder closes on October 21st!   (Check out the awesome blanket toppers too!  Winter is coming after all!)
I almost captured the rainbow!  At least you can see the scales...
The vinyl is the the geo glitter scale stuff from My Punkbroidery, and it's really difficult to photograph because the black is so deep and the rainbow shine only shows up as it moves.
Look at that slouch, so effortless! (I'm not really sure what that means, but it sounds fancy! LOL)
This is a nice slouchy bag, easy to stuff it full of dragon eggs, or whatever you are carrying, but the bottom has enough structure to give it some shape.
I had to stuff this with a giant ball of yarn to get it to even mostly stand up.

Inside, not quite as dark as it looks here
The fabric I picked for the inside is Alison Glass from my stash, and it has blues and greens that coordinate nicely with both sides of the bag, without distracting from the awesome fabrics!
The clematis fits nicely with tons more room!
 This bag will be available for purchase in my Facebook group, and I will also be able to take orders for different styles using the awesome fabrics! 
One more look at the pretty family of bags! You know you need some of this fabric!
Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Moon Beam Textile Company and Swoon Pattern Company when a purchase is made using the links in this post.

1 comment:

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!