Thursday, October 25, 2018

WIP Thursday - What's a Little More Stress?

I ended up not getting into one of the craft shows I've done for the last few years, so I started scrambling to find something else to fill that time.  I found an event a week earlier that had openings, but now I'm trying to cram my 3 week plan of making into 2 weeks!!  I guess I'll sleep in January.
Time for more towels!
The good news is that my big keychain order is DONE!!  I now have my embroidery machine freed up AND the time I spend waiting for the kids after school in the carpool line is going to be used for crochet, cutting bows and finger puppets, and anything else I can do in the car.  Too bad there's no outlet in my car or I'd be tempted to sew in there too! :D
The final pair of wings I made for costumes this year!
I have so many things I planned on making, but I think I'll focus on finishing up the halfway done things, like crayon rolls and hooded towels, but I could sneak in a pile of slouchy beanies from my awesome stash...they work up pretty fast!
My pile for beanies, cutting into some of my stash!
I have to keep up on the custom orders at the same time, so there might not be much actual sewn stuff going into this show...unless I teach a kid how to operate the serger.  That wouldn't be dangerous AT ALL.  I mean, the machine intimidates me a little, but totally kid friendly, right?
Awesome purse that is next on the list!


Current Projects and Orders:

  • Halloween Costumes - Fox with wings, not sure about any others.  In my dream world where I have enough time to do everything, I'd be making myself an Adam's Family hoodie with my awesome fabric.
  • Sandra Saddle bag in blue Toothless fabric (fabric on preorder)
  • Triple Zip bag - Archer fabric - Embroidery finished, just waiting in line for cutting and sewing.
  • Hosta Hobo - Modified to hold a pumpFinally done and shipped off!
  • Hosta Hobo - Camera bag - Shipped
  • Pattern Test - Vendor apron- Cut, just needs fused and sewn, looks fast and I need it for next weekend!
  • Villains Snowdrop Satchel - on the cutting table now!
  • Marauder's NCW - Interfacing cut
  • Yoshi India Hobo bag
  • Mary Poppins Bag/Minky Stitch blanket, Stitch cross body bag (1 order, so need to finish it all together)
  • Siren Tote bag - Villains panels
  • Soot Sprite Marauder's Map diaper bag
  • Rugrats Pegasus cross body and matching Professional Pouch
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • Sydney with Castles and Disney (probably working on this in December.  Maybe.) 
  • Sandra Saddle bag - now thinks she wants a Fortnite purse, which the fabric won't be in for a while... (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out 

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Etsy orders - Mulan Combs, Paw Patrol Wings and goggles, pony ears (Anything ordered after today won't make it in time for Halloween, so I'm calling it done!)
  • Hooded towels (7/17 stitched) - need to pull out the bottoms and stitch them together so I can get them off the piles and into the craft fair tubs/listed in the FB group for sale!
  • Need to stitch up some sample bunny and bear stuffies using my awesome minky!
  • keychain order-
  • More applique key chains! 

Current Crochet Projects:

  • need to make some fur pom poms to go on the textured beanie I did manage to finish...and make a ton more hats!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the neck!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C for my son, has 10 skeins of yarn already picked out - started and it will be a great project for the winter as soon as it's big enough to keep me warm!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn (18)
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me - Fall is just around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Kudos for making these lists. Inspiring and intimidating at the same time. (Your lists are longer than mine). I hardly ever comment, just wanted to let you know I am encouraging you from the sidelines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I ever do make it through the list, I think it will be time for a vacation! I am a list maker, but I'm always losing the paper ones so this was the best way to try to keep myself on track and remember the 'old' ideas I had ;)

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!