Monday, November 19, 2018

Dragon Sandra Saddle Bag (Swoon)

This purse has been on my list for a LONG time, due to waiting for the fabric.  I preordered it, then had some issues getting it and finally found some on a buy/sell/trade group!  Fortunately the customer was super patient and REALLY wanted this exact fabric, so I hope she loves it!
Who wouldn't love this adorable dragon??

Back of the purse, zipper pocket.

The pattern is the Sandra Saddle bag by Swoon(aff link), with a few modifications.  For this purse, I added on an extra zipper pocket, and more slip pockets inside.  I moved the magnet closure under the strap, and added in a zipper top closure to keep things really secure inside.
Top shot of the zipper and front pocket
It's getting dark too soon, plus winter weather means I had to use the small light box to get pics...kinda worked.
Standing up, front pocket under the flap

When I use cotton lycra fabric for purses, I prefer to use a woven for the strap, and any places that will have more stress, just so there is no chance of stretching out.  The black/grey fabric I found in my stash was a perfect match for Toothless and really gives it a fancier finish!  I think the fabric is either called shot cotton or yarn dyed?  Either way, you can really see the weave of the fabric which gives it texture, but it's not loose like burlap.  It's my new favorite fabric for purse lining!
zip pocket and slip pockets
Bag is slightly slouchy, so it kept folding strangely as I went to take the pic...
I totally love how this one turned out, it was hard to pack it up and send off!
I think this shot could be in a catalog!  Ok, maybe not, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!