Wednesday, November 7, 2018

WIP Wednesday - The Eye of the Storm

I survived last week, where I was trying to get orders out on a deadline, prep for the craft show, do Halloween stuff and anything else people tossed at me.  I feel like I needed a bit of a breather, so I've been slowly working on the next 4 orders this week...although I really want to get them out!
Ready to be features on a hobo style bag!
Another stuffed llama!
Hopefully I can get ALL the orders finished in the next 2 weeks, then I can focus on stuff for the final craft show on December 1!  Make sure you've joined my FaceBook group if you want to have a chance to snag some ready to ship stuff the first week or 2 of December!  I'll be putting Etsy on vacation probably December 10 until the end of the year so I don't have to stress about those orders arriving before Christmas!  I'll start taking new purse orders in January too!
The customer has been patiently waiting for this fabric to arrive!  My longest open purse order!

I need to open up preorders again, I'm starting to be buried under all the pretty new fabric that is finally coming in!
Vintage-look Mulan is very pretty!
This one is more faded looking, for a very soft overall feel - would be gorgeous on a clutch or even as a pillowcase dress!
Vibrant unicorn/Pegasus is so adorable! She needs to become a few beanies and purses with awesome sparkle vinyl!

Current Projects and Orders:

  • Sandra Saddle bag in blue Toothless fabric - cutting and in progress, finally!
  • Triple Zip bag - Archer fabric - Embroidery finished, just waiting in line for cutting and sewing.
  • Pattern Test - Vendor apron- Used at the craft show, worked great!
  • Yoshi India Hobo bag - Embroidery finished, in the line!
  • Mary Poppins Bag/Minky Stitch blanket, Stitch cross body bag (1 order, so need to finish it all together)
  • Siren Tote bag - Villains panels
  • Soot Sprite Marauder's Map diaper bag - cancelled order, but it doesn't free up a space for ordering, just lets me catch up a little faster, I hope!
  • Rugrats Pegasus cross body and matching Professional Pouch
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • Sydney with Castles and Disney (probably working on this in December.  Maybe.) 
  • Sandra Saddle bag - now thinks she wants a Fortnite purse, which the fabric won't be in for a while... (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out 

Craft Show Wish list: (Things I'm planning on finishing up before Dec 1, if the stars align and magic happens)

  •  Embroidered hooded towels - only have about 5 more sets left in my stash, plus some bath sheets
  • Zippered ID pouches - down to 3, need to make several more with the fun fabrics - planning on at least 10.
  • Clematis - 3 cut and ready to sew together
  • Crayon rolls - stack cut out and ready to sew, add in a few more of the newer character fabrics like Peppa, more Avengers, Daniel Tiger
  • Finger puppets - Daniel Tiger, Sharks, rain forest animals
  • bows - stitch out unicorns, princesses, more ponies, wreck it Ralf, etc
  • Keychains - need more stitched, fortnite for sure, other new ones I recently bought, plus restock the favorites
  • Ornaments - finish cutting out the HP ones, stitch more bitten gingerbread men, cut out all the doctor who ones 
  • little kid purses - would love to do several Emma and Sweet Pea ones, but will probably run out of time!

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Finger puppets, bows, ornaments, and whatever I can quickly throw on the machine to be ready for Saturday.
  • Hooded towels (5 hoods to stitch, 10 to finish up) -got 4 totally finished for the craft show, need to get the rest, including some more Fortnite ones!
  • Need to stitch up some sample bunny and bear stuffies using my awesome minky!
  • More applique key chains!  
  • applique snow globe ornaments

Current Crochet Projects:

  • need to make some fur pom poms to go on the textured beanie I did manage to finish...and make a ton more hats!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the neck!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C for my son, has 10 skeins of yarn already picked out - started and it will be a great project for the winter as soon as it's big enough to keep me warm!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn (18)
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me - Fall is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!