Tuesday, November 27, 2018

PHRASING! Triple Zip Bag (Sew Da Kine)

Sometimes I get an order for a purse that just comes together like every piece was made for each other!
Are we still doing phrasing?
This Archer fabric and the Triple Zip Bag from Sew Da Kine were such a combo.  Throw in some fun martini fabric I found on etsy, a little embroidery, and you have a totally epic bag!
Inside of one of the front zipper pockets
This was my first time making the Triple Zip, and since it was originally designed for cork/vinyl/leather, I did have to make a few changes to make it work for 'regular' fabric.  I also added in some foam interfacing to help hide what was inside and give it a lot of structure.  It was almost too fluffy, so maybe next time I'll try fleece.
Inside has slip pockets
cross body strap is adjustable
Back, one solid piece cut to the same size as the front
I'm not sure if it was sleep deprivation or the stress of trying to get everything done ASAP, but this pattern was a little harder for me to figure out.  Once I wrapped my head around it, everything clicked and then it was a simple purse to make!
The sun disappearing earlier every day meant that my usual spot was way too dark.
For the modifications, I cut the back as one piece, interfaced every piece, and added foam interfacing.
Remembered to get my tiger on there!
The purse ended up smaller than I expected, but I do love all the front zipper pockets!  This was a perfect way to use the scraps my customer sent me.  I did end up snagging some of this fabric for myself, so I might need to make something else Archer soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!