Friday, November 2, 2018

WIP Thursday. Or Friday, Whatever - November? Eek!

I survived October, barely.  Now it's the real crunch time, finishing up all the orders, preparing for the holidays, getting craft show stock, and maybe even decorating my house this year!  I did promise a child that we'd sew stuff for her in December, and the other kids have some requests that I've carried over from previous years...I'd better get started, one is leaving for college next year!
Llama looks about how I feel
Now that the giant keychain order is done (500, and I cut them by hand!!) my main embroidery machine is free to stitch, so I've been cranking out the hoods for towels!  Maybe next year I'll be organized enough to set up a second machine and be twice as productive...but I'd need to clear some fabric out to have more space, so maybe not.
Well, heavier than before.
Craft show prep is in full swing, with me trying to finish up everything at once.  For some reason it's not exactly working, but I'll get SOMETHING fully finished today or die trying!  I got to try out my key fob dies for the press last night, and now I want to make ALL THE FOBS!  It squishes them so smooth and fast!
Ok, technically just 2 flat plates, but so much easier and smoother than trying to get it with a pair of pliers!
Essential oil holder going out today!



Current Projects and Orders:

  • Halloween Costumes - Fox with wings, not sure about any others. Ended up not doing the wings, but she was happy with the finished hoodie and the extra ears she could wear inside!
  • Sandra Saddle bag in blue Toothless fabric - in the line, after I make it past the craft show this weekend I will be busting through orders!
  • Triple Zip bag - Archer fabric - Embroidery finished, just waiting in line for cutting and sewing.
  • Pattern Test - Vendor apron- almost done!
  • Villains Snowdrop Satchel - coming together nicely! Hopefully finished tonight!
  • Marauder's NCW -
  • Yoshi India Hobo bag
  • Mary Poppins Bag/Minky Stitch blanket, Stitch cross body bag (1 order, so need to finish it all together)
  • Siren Tote bag - Villains panels
  • Soot Sprite Marauder's Map diaper bag
  • Rugrats Pegasus cross body and matching Professional Pouch
  • Sew Along Factotum- started sewing, but put aside again for orders.
  • Sydney with Castles and Disney (probably working on this in December.  Maybe.) 
  • Sandra Saddle bag - now thinks she wants a Fortnite purse, which the fabric won't be in for a while... (minion order) 
  • Bandana purse - have the materials, just need time to figure it out 

Current Embroidery Projects:

  • Finger puppets, bows, ornaments, and whatever I can quickly throw on the machine to be ready for Saturday.
  • Hooded towels (16/17 stitched) - need to pull out the bottoms and stitch them together so I can get them off the piles and into the craft fair tubs/listed in the FB group for sale!
  • Need to stitch up some sample bunny and bear stuffies using my awesome minky!
  • More applique key chains! 

Current Crochet Projects:

  • need to make some fur pom poms to go on the textured beanie I did manage to finish...and make a ton more hats!
  • Unicorn Weebee - already to the neck!
  • Dragon scarf - worked on it a bit, need to finish it up!
  • Cotton coffee cup cozies - add buttons and felties, keep making more...
  • WeeBee baby doll  - Just needs some face details, and maybe a swimsuit to wear when she's not in her tail...bikini sort of works...made up my own pattern and it's interesting...
  • Chunky Unicorn Blanket - almost finished up to the hood, then just ears, horn, and fringe!
  • C2C (corner to corner) baby doll blanket crochet with some random scarfie yarn - Need to figure out what hook I was using...
  • Mermaid tail towel, 2 skeins of yarn into this, I must be doing something wrong because it's not THAT big yet and I only have 2 or 3 more skeins to go.
  • More crochet cowls to stock up for the fall shows! 
  •  C2C for my son, has 10 skeins of yarn already picked out - started and it will be a great project for the winter as soon as it's big enough to keep me warm!

UFO list:  

Fast finishes (hopefully)

  • Crayon Rolls - precut and ready to be sewn (18)
  • Buttons on cowls
  • Embroidered Fox pillow cover - just needs the back cut and sewn!
  • 3 clematis clutches - Just need sewn! 
  • Mermaid morning glory pouch (half cut out! just for fun project so no rush)

 Ready to go, but will take a bit more effort projects:

  • Doctor Who Pick a Pocket - Now that I've made several of these, I should be able to finish this one quickly, if I ever pull it out
  • Goldfish Lovey - fish is made, bowl is mostly made, needs put together
  • Dragon Lovey - pieces and the blanket done
  • Wisteria Wallets - 2 cut and ready to be assembled 
  • Bella II in Tula Pink Foxfield - outside is done, inside is cut and waiting for me to finish
  • Sea turtle crochet lovey
  • Crochet Worgen 
  • Alice in Wonderland Bonnie 
  • Tulip pouches - have some cut out (pattern)
  • Crochet Giraffe photographer  
  • Replace connector and rivets on Alice in Wonderland Daryl's Drive

Want to make - list:

  • Hobbit Bibs
  • Legendary Quilt pattern pillow
  • Pokemon quilts with custom fabric
  • Shirts for myself using the custom knit
  • Shirts/pants/leggings for my kids with the custom knits
  • MORE Purses with the custom knits - try out some of my purchased and never made patterns
  • Embroidered kitchen towels
  • Peeker hooded towels  
  • Giant vintage star quilts - Star Wars and Princesses
  • zip around crayon rolls 
  • custom knit leggings - Harry Potter marauder's map, maybe some 'exercise' ones?  
  • Tote bags using my coffee panels - India Swoon Pattern or Siren Tote?
  • Baby quilt - Jungle Path pattern
  • Ruched Shirt
  • Baby mermaid gown
  • snuggle/lap quilts using reading quotes and flannel backs
  • French Terry PJ shorts for one kid (and me)
  • hoodie for me - Fall is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!