Monday, December 31, 2018

Rugrats Pegasus (XOXO by Lauren)

Sometimes I get requests that surprise me.  I was never into the Rugrats cartoon, so I didn't get excited when they released fabric for it recently.  I've even seen some custom groups running prints now, which just goes to show that there's fabric for everyone!
Rugrats and a pop of purple!
Plain side, went for a solid piece instead of the split like the pattern calls for
The Pegasus from XOXO by Lauren is a fast sew, and a great little bag!  For this one, I added on a slip pocket outside, plus extra pocket inside.  The lining fabric is a really neat shot cotton that has purple and blue woven together so that it gives slightly different colors as it moves around.  Almost like an iridescent fabric!
Thanks to winter, the lighting in my favorite spot is not that great.

The order also included a matching change purse, so the Professional Pouch was perfect! 
Purple glitter vinyl corners
Back has more characters!
Inside of the professional pouch
I only have a few more projects to share from this year, so I guess it's time to get sewing again!

2 comments:

  1. I love the glitter vinyl that you use :). Where do you find it? I haven't been able to find any in fabric stores!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I get most of my glitter vinyl from MyPunkbroidery.com and also glitterbugfairy.com. Just pay attention to the different types. You want either canvas backed or marine vinyl, they are the best for sewing and embroidery. The HTV is for cutting machines and way too thin. I also avoid the fuzzy backed stuff because it's just not as durable.

      Delete

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!