Monday, December 17, 2018

Yoshi India Hobo (Swoon)

Lately my purses have been using the custom fabrics, so it was nice to go back to some using non-custom and add in a fun touch like embroidery!  The India by Swoon is a quick sew up, but still with tons of style!
Isn't he adorable?
The request for this purse was "Yoshi" and I couldn't find any fabric that only had him.  I could have sworn I've seen it before, but I have been buying fabric for many years, and I didn't have it in my stash, and no one else was much help finding it!  Fortunately, there have been some recent fabrics run with all the characters, so we found 2 that she loved, and I went from there.
So many different characters!
The embroidery pattern was from Etsy, not a shop I'd used before, but it stitched out nicely and came with several sizes.
Other option, really a more vibrant green in person!

A really fun feature is that the India is fully reversible!  If she gets tired of one side out, she can flip it to the other side!
Both 'sides' have a slip pocket and a zipper pocket
I found a perfect vinyl in my stash and added a magnet closure that will work no matter what side is out, probably could have made it a little smaller, but the green scales are holographic so I wanted to show them off!
Holographic scale vinyl from My Punkbroidery!
I can't wait to see what custom purse requests my customers have next year!

Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Swoon Patterns when a purchase is made using the links in this post. It costs you nothing, but helps to fund my fabric addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!