Monday, December 3, 2018

Dragon Love Magnolia Mini Messenger Bag (Blue Calla) - MoonBeam Textiles

Guess what time it is? New fabric time!!  The newest round at Moon Beam Textiles is totally awesome dragons!
I can't wait for the movie and to find out more about the white dragon! I'm probably more obsessed than my kids!

Back with handy zipper pocket
I really should have passed on sewing up strikes, but I couldn't resist this fabric!  I managed to sneak this purse in while I was in craft show panic mode, but it still turned out super cute!  The Magnolia Mini Messenger pattern from Blue Calla is one of my go-to for 'quick' bags, it has a lot of style and not a ton of pieces, so it comes together pretty fast.
The dragons were all directions, so I just cut it however i could fit the pieces on!
For this bag, I only had a fat half of each fabric, so it was a close call getting everything cut out of it!  I had enough scraps to cut out a professional pouch, but that was about it.  I really love the quilting cotton option for fabric, it's just easier to work with for purses, but still looks amazing!
The pop of green on the back matches Toothless' eyes
Since I was trying to squeeze this one in, I didn't end up adding in the interior zippered pocket, but I did have the pieces cut so they fit in the fat half of fabric, too!
the stripe fabric is really cool and I could use it for SO MANY other projects!
Look at the stitches lining up so amazingly on my vinyl...the other side is slightly off, but focus on the good!
The black holographic scale vinyl from My Punkbroidery was a perfect match!  I was tempted to use the white scales, but I think they are going to be used on my professional pouch.  The scale vinyls have a fun texture and then when the light hits it, you get a rainbow in the scales!  I was trying so hard to get a good pic, but my camera didn't get all the awesomeness...trust me, it's super pretty!
So much more vibrant in person
Rainbow! - ish...

This round will be open until the 21st, so don't forget to order in the Holiday rush!  You don't want to miss out on this amazing print!
Strap in the stripes

Affiliate Disclosure: I will receive compensation from Moon Beam Textile Company when a purchase is made using the links in this post. It costs you nothing, but helps to fund my fabric addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments and receive feedback! Thanks for visiting!